ch.14 - IN THE CORNER

──────────────'IN THE CORNER' ──────────────

──────────────
'IN THE CORNER'
──────────────

!! underage drinking.

Gryffindor parties were famous for their obnoxious, wild chaos, and occurred at least once a month. Word would quickly spread to the rest of the houses whenever one was planned, so it wasn't unusual to see groups of Hufflepuff's and Ravenclaw's—or even the occasional Slytherin—amidst the abundance of red and gold.

The Gryffindor students below fourth year usually vacated to either their dorm rooms or elsewhere in the castle to avoid the loud music and crowd of half-drunk older students.

Mina wouldn't exactly call her self a party-goer, as the last 'party' she attended was technically the Yule Ball back in her fourth year, just months before Cedric Diggory won the Triwizard Tournament. Aside from that, despite Harry's many failed attempts to bring her along, she had never been to a Gryffindor party.

Until now, that is.

As soon as the portrait hole opened, and the four (Mina, Charlie, Josiah and Ella) stepped inside beyond the strong Muffliato charm, immediately they were met with popular muggle songs playing over some sort of modded speaker that spread the music equally around the room. It was barely lit inside—just bright enough to see each other's faces—and a coloured light hovered at the ceiling, showering strobes of moving bright colours onto the students below.

There was a table of plastic red cups and bottles of varying sizes surrounding a large glass bowl filled with some sort of mixed drink, and the common room itself was packed with chatting and laughing students almost to the point of making her feel claustrophobic.

Luckily, Josiah spotted Hermione not too far away, so the four manoeuvred away from the portrait hole and stepped through the crowd of off-key singers in the middle of the room; avoiding the overhead liquid that sloshed from the cups of those dancing on the couches.

Once they reached Hermione, the bookworm in question traded smiles with them all—as they could barely hear one another over the party to speak anyway. Charlie stood beside Mina, his arm innocently pressed against hers as the five formed a small circle by the wall.

"What's this party for, anyway?" She half-yelled above the noise to Charlie. He couldn't hear her, however, and leaned in closer. "What's this party for?" She repeated in his ear, and he shrugged.

"Hermione?" He called to the girl standing across from them. "What's the party celebrating?" He asked. She looked around for a moment, but eventually shrugged in response. Charlie chuckled a little, and leaned back down to Mina.