ch.11 - WITH HER

──────────────'WITH HER' ──────────────

──────────────
'WITH HER'
──────────────

However, just as the words left Ella's mouth, Mina noticed Josiah's expression drop as he looked to the entrance of the Great Hall.

Following his gaze, lifting her head from resting upon her arms, her heart began to throb painfully as she spotted Harry walking into the hall with Heather by his side.

The two were talking feverishly; giddily, as they made towards the Gryffindor table. The blonde laughed at something he said and nudged his side playfully. Even from afar, Mina could see the hint of pink on his cheeks—and he didn't so much as glance at her as they walked past the three Hufflepuff's, seemingly in their own little world.

"Oh..." she heard Ella say quietly. Mina felt their sympathetic gazes switch to her as she watched the two sit down beside each other rather closely. "Mina—"

"I'll see you guys later," she said shortly, quickly standing and slinging her bag over her shoulder. Mina walked away before they could console her; leaving the toast untouched on her plate as her stomach twisted—but not from hunger.

Blinking quickly, staring at the floor, Mina felt the air around her get denser in the Great Hall, and she was almost outside the doors when she heard a new voice say her name.

Turning around, Mina spied Charlie waving at her from the end of the Ravenclaw table. He stood and did a small jog to catch up with her.

"Hey," he said once close enough, smoothing down the back of his blond hair. Mina smiled tightly, swallowing down the lump growing in the back of her throat as she caught eye of Harry and Heather again over his shoulder.

"What's up?" she asked, pulling her eyes away from them. Charlie was biting on the inside of his cheek seemingly out of nerves.

"I was just wondering if you, um," he started, but hesitated as though deciding what to say. "...had started the History of Magic essay? The one Binns set us the other day?"

"Shit—" Mina's started, but covered her mouth on instinct. She'd grown up around strict rules for swearing—if her mother were in ear shot right now, she'd be exiled from their family—but Harry's habit of reacting with profanities had seemingly rubbed off on her. Luckily, Charlie wasn't her mother under the effects of polyjuice potion, and he laughed it off. "We have to write an essay?" She asked, her eyes wide.

"Yeah, it's due first thing Monday," he said, and she internally groaned at herself, as usually she was on top of assignments as soon as they were handed out.