Chapter 8

Notes-

Just to get this straight, I do not watch Hannah. I'm literally using guess work for her personality. All the HannahxxRose fans out there, I'm sorry. I just do not know much about her. And I don't watch Captain Puffy much either. Forgive me 😭✋

Secondly, a reminder about Tubbo and Ranboo, I'm only shipping their characters. Not the actual people. Yeah ✨

Ranboo POV

"TOMMY!"
"Hannah? Hannah no!!"
"Quick! Someone grab them!"
"Phil- stop-"
"The monsters!!!"
"NO!"

The world grew a little muffled, the sounds not really reaching me. I couldn't think properly. My sight was distorted. Then-

I gasped for breath, taking in deep breaths of the cool air, as though I had just swum to the surface of the ocean. Everything became clear again. I blinked, thoughts crashing over me like waves before I could read them. I ran to the edge of the cliff and looked over the edge.
"TOMMY!" I called. "PHIL! PUFFY!"  I kneeled at the edge and leaned over, trying to catch a glimpse of them. Someone pulled me back from the edge, murmuring that it was dangerous to be there. I turned to see Tubbo, his face tear-stained.
"I'm sure they're okay. Phil can fly," he croaked. I nodded, then the two of us sat there, assuring each other that it was all right in between sobs.

—time skeppy—

A little while later- it could have been seconds, or years- Tubbo stood up and helped me to my feet. Fundy and Puffy were next to the tree line, talking to each other in hushed voices. Techno stood gazing over the edge of the cliff, trying to see in-between the trees and rocks to catch a glimpse of the others.
"I don't know if they're okay," Tubbo murmured shakily.
"Let's go see if we can find a way down," I suggested. So Tubbo and I, still hand in hand, left Puffy and Techno and walked along the edge of the cliff trying to see if there were vines or something we could use to get into the ravine. Eventually, when we reached the end and saw no way, we turned back.

—time skip—

Tubbo suddenly stopped. I turned to see his eyes wide and fearful. He tugged lightly on my hand.
"Ranboo, it's the grey," he said softly. I turned around to see, indeed, the ground being grey. And it was spreading fast.
"Um, we've reached our destination?" I offered, giving a strained smile, trying but failing to lighten up the mood. He took half a step closer to me.
"I'm scared," he whispered. Me too, I thought.
"It's okay, Tubbo. We all have the potion. Phil gave it to all of us- even you- when you were unconscious." He nodded and took a deep breath, standing up straighter. However, even I closed my eyes tight, squeezed Tubbo's hand so tight my fingers hurt, and prayed that we would be alright when the grey washed over us.

Hannah's POV

It was so eerie, waking up to everything being grey. The only things with colours were Phil and Tommy. When they noticed I was awake, they rushed over to me.
"Are you okay?" Tommy asked worriedly.
"Yeah, but everything hurts. Especially my arm," I replied. I looked at my arm to see Tommy's neckerchief wrapped around it and soaked in blood. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows.
"Yeah. Your arm would've been dead. If it weren't for my heroics, of course," he said, earning an eye roll from Phil.
"Um, yeah... and it looks like the grey caught up to us," I observed, sitting up. Tommy and Phil nodded.
"Creepy or what?" Tommy murmured.
"It's kind of scary... I keep on thinking that the antidote will fail and we'll wither away," Phil said. I shivered at the thought.
"Wow, thanks Phil, because giving me the idea will definitely make me feel better," Tommy said with an eye roll of his own. I smiled and sat up slowly.

"So, how are we getting out of here?" I questioned the others. Tommy shrugged.
"We were thinking we could use vines to help us climb up the walls in the spots where it's easiest to climb," Phil explained.
"Good idea," I said, "but one problem. I don't see any vines around here, apart from the ones really high up on the trees." Phil paused, considering this.
"Also, can't you just fly out?" Tommy broke in, apparently interested in the conversation now.
"Can't. My wings are too damaged."
"When I asked you if you were okay, you said you were a hundred percent."
"I... changed my mind?" Phil offered. I giggled at the two of them, and they turned to look at me. There was a short silence.
"Oh, by the way Hannah, there are some vines in a cave down there," Tommy said at last, pointing down the ravine.
"Oh, that's good. How about Tommy and I go down and get them?" Phil asked. I nodded.
"Great," Phil said, smiling. And off they went.

I noticed Phil was a little tense, however. His smile slightly strained. And Tommy was a little less loud than his usual self. In the moment, I put it down to the stress of almost dying when they tried to save someone who was pushed off a cliff. I mean, really, who wouldn't be tense if that happened? But then I thought about it. I hadn't known Tommy for very long, however I figured that in this moment he would be extra loud, extra impulsive, simply to hide the pain. This... wasn't him. And who knows what Phil was like normally. Then I realised, they had history together. Tommy admitted to burning his village (by accident, he insisted) along with Phil's (and Dream's) family. Of course that must have been it.

I managed to stand, despite my whole body being bruised. Well, Tommy and Phil are hurt, too, just because my arm is hurt doesn't mean I can't walk. With this thought, I put my hand over my injured arm to reduce the pain, clenched my jaw, and determinedly marched in the direction of the others.