THREE

“you made all my moments your own”

“we need to go shopping, to get clothes for you to wear after your marriage” Miso, Aerin's mom said

we need to go shopping, to get clothes for you to wear after your marriage” Miso, Aerin's mom said

“Uh.. Yeah alright” Aerin replied

“Get ready, we're going now” Miso said as she went to get her things

When I asked her anything for myself, she'd always say no. Or say she'll take me Or let me go afterwards.
That Afterwards never comes at all.

The Mother and Daughter were walking around the store. Miso had several dresses in her hand, dresses which she liked. And Aerin walking beside, looking at all the dresses which suited her fashion.

“Mom, what about this?” Aerin showed her mom an oversized TShirt

“Ew, I don't like it. See, the dresses which I chose are much more better.” Miso said showing the clothes on her arm

“But those are your style, the old fashion style. I don't want to wear those. The ones I like are what girls these days wear” Aerin spoke pointing her finger to the Fashion Section she liked

Miso glared, “I know what looks good on you. So listen to me and try these. Go to a trial room. Now. ”

And once again, Aerin shut her mouth and went to try on the dresses her mom selected. She could do nothing. She always felt like shit when she was with her parents and family.
She wished she was never born.

“Oh! Miso, the dresses are really great!” One of the relatives commented

It was two days before Aerin's marriage with Jihoon and they were helping her pack her clothes.

“Of course! I selected them!” Miso smiled proudly

Aerin just stared at them, her mom as well as her relatives, they were old fashioned. She genuinely hated them.

“Aerin, no matter what, you can't talk back to your husband okay? Girls are meant to be submissive. You should be patient and take care of the house” Another Relative of hers advised

Aerin didn't respond to that bullshit.

“Aerin, you need to respect your elders. Say your Aunt that you'll do what she said” Miso Said glaring at her daughter

“yes auntie”

                                   •

It was the day of her marriage, Aerin didn't get to choose her Makeup, Hairstyle or her accessories.
Her mother Chose everything.

“Oh see, what I chose looks pretty” Miso said adjusting Aerin's necklace

Aerin didn't smile, of course, it wasn't her choice to get married, to someone she didn't like.

Aerin looked really pretty, her long hair was parted to the side, with a side French braid. The only thing missing was her happiness and consent of her marriage.

Miso hit Aerin's shoulder, “don't keep a long face on the day of your marriage! Smile!”

And again, Aerin forced a smile.

Someone had called her mom and she had left the room leaving Aerin all alone.

The girl looked at herself in the mirror,

Did she want to continue living like this? Will she be happy doing what her mom sets up for her? She was just 19, she wanted to explore herself and her life.
She wanted to pursue music, something her mom didn't want her to do.

Aerin felt suffocated all these years staying with her Toxic mother and Alcoholic Dad. She wanted to stay at least for a year all alone, in peace.

And so, Aerin went through her Backpack. Her Birth Certificate, High School Marksheet, and other important things of hers. And the suitcase which was packed for her  in the corner of the room.

She opened the back door of the dressing room, and no one was there. All of them were welcoming the guests.

“it's now or never”

The girl swiftly walked out with her backpack and Suitcase. She was so close to tripping on her long wedding dress, but managed to get out of that Marriage Hall.

As soon as she was out , she turned back as she took a glance.

“good riddance. Never forgetting what y'all did to me” Aerin spoke taking a Taxi leaving the place

Aerin was now at the Train Station, waiting for the Train to go to Seoul.

The girl received so many stares from people at the station. Of course, because she was in a wedding dress, with neatly styled hair and makeup. She had a suitcase and a backpack with her.

She received so many calls from her mom, fiance and relatives.
Putting her phone on mute, she read the messages.

Jihoon
Hey, where are you?
We're all looking for you!
It's getting embarrassing for our family!
Tell me where you are, I'll pick you up!

Mom
Where the hell are you?

Pick my call!!

Don't embarrass me!
I will kill you!

Everyone are waiting for you!

Me

You made me feel like shit.
You made all my moments your own.
Did you ever once wonder what I liked or what I wanted to do?
Just fucking leave me alone!

This user has been blocked