SIX

Aerin's phone buzzed as she unlocked it, reading the message she received

Her eyes widened as she swiped the cracked screen checking if she was dreaming.

“there's no way this happened by luck”

===================================
Seoul School of Music and Arts

Dear Aerin Park,
We are happy to inform you that you have been selected into SSOMA in the Department of Music.
You are expected to start your classes as soon as you've paid the fee.
Please visit the campus  or your respective department head for more information.
Regards.

===================================

Aerin was very joyous. She couldn't believe it. She turned her application in only for one uni and by luck, she got in there.

“luck is really on my side for once, huh?” Aerin chuckled lightly as she texted her cousin, Chanyeol about the happy news.

“now I gotta work hard in order to pay my tution fee. I'll visit the campus early morning tomorrow” Aerin gave a pat for herself on her shoulder as she got ready for her temporary workplace

Fresh place, New Start.

The fresh morning air hit Aerin's face as she stood in front of her university.
The girl took a deep breath before stepping in.

There were several students walking around the campus which made her curious of her new life in college.

Walking inside her department, Aerin knocked the Head's room.

“come in! ”

“good morning sir. I'm Aerin. I had received an e-mail regarding my admission” Aerin politely spoke

The head smiled widely hearing her name, “ yes right. I was wondering about your music. Your music seemed pretty interesting and I was curious how well you can pull off. I really wanted to see you make music here. I hope you bring about a change in the music industry! I want talents like you to shine! So, I'm offering you a scholarship. ”

Aerin smiled, “ thank you so much, Sir! It's a huge dream of mine to pursue music! I shall put my best during my time here, sir”

“very well. You may go show this receipt in the front office and pay your tution fee. I'll look forward for your presence in class tomorrow” the head said

Aerin bowed as she left the room, walking to the office to pay her tution fee.

She was grateful to get the scholarship. It was like as if time was on her side for once. Time and Luck was never on her side for the past years of her life. Life hit her very hard everytime and the girl wasn't in the position to even dream about luck.

Attending classes during the day and working at the restaurant's during the late evening was her temporary schedule.

“here's the receipt ” the officer handed the paper

“thank you ma'am” Aerin bowed as she left the place

I can't believe I finally get to do what I always wanted. Hopefully I'll be able to pursue it from start to the end.

Aerin smiled hopefully as she walked out of the campus.

“I need to get good clothes... ”Aerin mumbled as she checked her balance if she had enough money

But I need to save money...
If I don't use this money now to get me good decent clothes, what else will I be needing this for?
I get daily wages from the restaurant that will be enough for daily expenses.
If not for me, for who will I buy clothes?
Everything I've done till now was for me so might as well as do things just for me.

I'm going to be selfish from now.

Aerin made up her mind to get herself new clothes as she took a bus to Hongdae.

“hopefully these clothes are affordable... ” Aerin mumbled going through the stores

Wah.. These clothes are really the fashion I wanted to dress in... Street style!
My mum never let me wear these, I had to wear long skirts with a Top.
I'm finally gonna free myself from all that bullshit.

Aerin selected three sets of clothes which were on clearance sale as she paid for them with the only money she had.

The girl walked out of the store with a shopping bag in her hand. Looking at the street food carts and the smell, her stomach growled in hunger. Unfortunately, she swiped away every penny she had in her bank account.

She frowned holding her belly in one hand, making her way out of the place as quickly as possible.

Aerin reached her dorm, getting the cookies which she brought from home, munching it.

“damn, I'm so hungry” she murmured, chugging down a bottle of water to get her stomach full.

She craned her neck towards the clock, it was time for her to leave for work.

With hunger, she left for work.

“they'll have dinner at the dorm when I come back. I hope” Aerin convinced herself as she left her room

 I hope” Aerin convinced herself as she left her room