Supposes Proposes

Well, there's no time to beat about the bush. Tom is right. It's been me in this thing the whole time, and Tom through me, and Tom visiting me through a Holo. I never knew what it was called up till now. I've been trying to ease you, reader, through this world, so I'll bring you up to speed and then just wing it from there.Would you prefer long story or short story as in lots of words or five sentences because up till now you've been getting long story at serious expense ot my imagination and my writing hand. Well, I suppose I've chosen it already, then, seeing as you need some basic comforts before you get to the nitty-gritty. Long story it is. I'll start where I left off.

I stayed knocked out for a good eight hours, I think, because when I woke up again, the lights were dimmed,but not completely out, and this man who looked like a more mature version of Tom was studying me sadly. His head was cocked to the side and his eyes looked.....well......Tom could explain it better....wait a sec.

Hollow.

Thanks, but you could align it with the rest of the sentence, you know.

I know. Gotta go.

Stupid rhyming boy. Anyway, back to the point.

He was just looking at me, and his eyes sort of widened when I realised it.

In my old squandron, Dirshanter said not to look at anybody for more than 5 seconds because they would start to feel your gaze on them, therefore sensing your prescence and giving them a distinct advantage if they were trying to find you.

Man: You're....alive. That was very clever. Who.....

Me: Henry.

Man: You can trust me, Ashlee. I'm Asa.

Me: It's just Ash, and hello, Asa.

Man: Pretend that you're still dead. Ananbelle and Isabelle will be along in a moment, along with Teller. Teller will be your connection to Tom, and the girls will accompany you. I'll give them the instructions, and Stephen will help you. I think it's time to come back to the original motive of Battle Academy.

Me: Where are we going?

Man:To a place where nobody has gone for the past fifty years.

Me: Where?

Man:Bene Autem de Stellis. The Well of Stars. Good luck.

I lay back down, pretending that I was a statue, and trying to decode everything in my head. My life had changed drastically time and time again, and I had no idea what to do.

I sort of missed Survivor, and tried to run through all the Ceremonies at once, like I did back there before I went to sleep.

The Naming Ceremony for Ones.

The Starting Ceremony for Twos.

The Ribbon and Hat Ceremony for Threes.

The Travel Ceremony for Fours.

The Primary Ceremony for Fives.

The Independence Ceremonies for Sixes, Sevens, Eight and Nines.

The Proof Ceremony for Tens.

The Secondary Ceremony for Elevens.

The Appearance Ceremony for Twelves.

The Choosing Ceremony for Thirteens.

The Adulting Ceremony for Nineteens.

The Release Ceremony for Hundreds.

I would never take the Adulting Ceremony. No Jumper ever did. And I daresay that I'll die way before I am a Hundred to take the release. I remember the ribbons I recieved, measured carefull for the thickness in my hair, and chosen to set off my hair perfectly. They were pink. The Appearance Ceremony where my hair was curled and they did things to my face to make me look beautiful, every Male and Female in their own way. That was my second favourite, because we go pampered the whole day in the utmost comfort. I remembered the Proof ceremony, where we had to prove that we were good enough to live. Terrifying.