Doughnut Land

Doughnuts. That was the first word I though of when we touched down. The world looked like a giant doughnut. Alexandra and Reyna. Those were the names of the girls who welcomed us and were taking us to our rooms.The ceilings sloped downwards, but the floor didn't. That meant I had to bend down more until I was practically crawling. Ash didn't have to, because she was teeny-tiny, and neither did Iz, because she wasn't ginormously tall, like I was, so she could kneel-walk. Ashie walked like she was bow-legged, so that was normal. Enough. Normal Enough. That's me......Ana.

I was suspicious of Alex and Reyna. They walked forward, and didn't speak. At all. Iz was too. Only Ash wasn't. She looked as if she was in a dream trance. She was the whole time. Well, my botched attempt to make her better was useless. Teller told me that Tom was in a dream state too. I wondered why.

Iz tapped me on the elbow. Once. That meant,'suspicious of so-and-so person'. I tapped back four times, which meant,'Really, really suspicious of so-and-so person and I think we should attack'. She nodded minutely so that only I could see. Then she tapped three times:Really suspicious and should investigate and proceed carefully. That was better. I nodded slightly back. Iz cleared her throat. She was the most diplomatic of us.

"Ahem, where are we going?"

"That information is withheld from you."

I frowned slightly.

"What are your names?"

"Alexandra and Reyna. You can call us Alex and Ray."

"What are we doing here?"

"That information is withheld from you."

"Who authorized this?"

"That information is withheld from you."

"What are you?"

"That information is withheld from you."

"What isn't withheld from us?"

"Our identities and the location of this place."

"So where are we?"

"The Well of Stars."

I couldn't help myself. I snorted.

"What, Doughnut Land? It's the oh-so-famous Well of Stars? Huh."

"That information is withheld from you."

Okay, something was definitely going on here. I tapped four times. She nodded.

I attacked.

It was over so quickly that I didn't see. I lunged, and suddenly I was on the floor. That was impossible. I never fall. That meant that they had moved with an inhuman speed, which meant they weren't human. Uh oh. Artificial Engineered Life Forms were invincible. We were gonna die unless we killed them I really, really wished Ash was alive and not in her trancey thing. Izzy realised that too, and kicked Alex and Reyna full in the face, buying us a split second. In that split second, I realised that Reyna was a Combat- never meant to speak, designed to defend. Alex was a Diplomat- a one that spoke and could replicate a human, but their combat skills were weaker. Another thing: Izzy was a ventriloquist.