Car trouble

The rain was unrelenting as it continued to pour down, yet it didn't seem to snap Diana out of the stupor she found herself in. Her eyes locked with the eyes of the young man that had spoken to Chief a moment earlier.

Chief was off to the side, searching for something in the car, while Diana was left to herself for a moment. Not that she couldn't handle a group of (presumably) unarmed strangers.

Though she was silent, it was almost as if she was having a conversation with the man in front of her, the air thick and tense as they seized each other up. Yet- The man looked like he wasn't trying to threaten her. He just looked to be very, stern, of all things. Eyebrows set, his jawline tight and his lips thinly pressed together.

Yet his eyes were warm, comforting. Dark brown and wise beyond his years. Diana would have almost thought his eyes were soft but decided against making assumptions since he could be a criminal for all she knew.

The group that hung around this young man with his stern expression, remained silent, as if they knew this quiet language and not to interfere with it. It all seemed a bit too odd for Diana, then again. Small towns like this one usually were quite strange.

The initial shock of recognition was starting to fade away, and Diana realized she couldn't really remember him, so the chances of her knowing him were very VERY slim. Maybe she had seen his face in the police database at some point.

Something in his face shifted, as his brows furrowed and he opened his mouth as if to speak when Chief returned to them.

"Alright," Chief announced, walking to Diana first and whispering to her "Go talk to his buddies over there, see if anything seems fishy alright? I'll talk to the big guy over there," said the older cop. Diana nodded. "Okay, got a name out of him yet? And what you do in there Chief?"

The grey man looked to the car. "called a towing company for 'em. Oh, and he told me his name is Jack. And that those" he tilted his head to the 3 people with him, "are his family." Their conversation was still hushed and quiet, yet that seemed odd to Diana.

Not that she was one to go off by looks, but the woman, in particular, looked different from one of the guys with her blonde hair. The two men seemed to share a similar appearance to Jack, all three of the men having dark hair and dark eyes, but still... They seemed to be around the same age, no way they could be brothers, could they?

Nodding to Chief, Diana flipped a piece of her black hair out of her pale face. Annoyed by how wet it was at this point. Hopefully, they could get out of the rain soon.

As if she had given him a silent signal, Diana made her way over to the group of 3, who had been hanging back by the SUV, waiting for their spokesman to deal with the situation most likely.

"Rough night huh?" Diana announced her approach, catching all of their attention in one quick swoop. All their eyes now trained on her, somehow sent a shiver down her spine. Maybe she should have just talked to them one by one...

It almost felt as if a group of wolves was watching her. like a kind of pack.

Shaking The thoughts from her head she approached the three stooges anyway.

" yeah, we didn't expect it to turn out like this." Said The shortest man of the group, as he approached Diana first. Something about him seemed familiar but once again Diane I didn't pay much attention to it. She was much more interested in why they were here on the road in the middle of the night.

Diana force a chuckle and smiled at the group trying to seem as non-threatening as she could. " yeah I can imagine. "Diana responded as she nodded to the car.