The next day

By the time Diana's alarm clock starts beeping the next morning, it is that she realizes that she has had her first good night's sleep in a long time.

It could be because of the harsh conditions she had to work in the previous night, or it might be something else.

Though it was more blessing in disguise, yesterday she had to do more research, and start the investigation into the murder.

She wasn't looking forward to this part, as it would include having to visit the autopsy and taking part in examining the body to some degree.

Plus, she had to speak to some of the victim's families, which was something she never liked doing. Telling somebody that their loved ones were gone it's one of the hardest things she had to do in our line of work.

Directly yourself out of bed, Diana quickly stepped into the shower to enjoy herself some hot water.

She took her time doing so as it has been a while since she had a hot shower. She wasn't one to keep up with loneliness that often, but ever since she came to work in this town it had been clear that she would be working around the clock.

Humming as she got into the shower, thought of the day previous, of the people she met in the rain, and of Jack.

The family that had to come here, seems quite odd to say the least. And something about them stuck to her mind like glue. Even if you try to think of something else, like the work she would have to do the next day or the coming weeks given the murder situation, remind would keep coming back to the strange family.

What would They be doing this morning?

Would they remember her?

Would they think their encounter with the police was odd?

Part of Diana hoped that chief didn't remember much of them, or that he would ask about them since she'd have to tell him about the strange directions she's had with them.

And there was something Diana would rather not do since they did seem genuine Nice. And something about them just seemed familiar enough for her to trust them. Well, just as far as she could throw them. Since there was a killer on the loose after all.

Washing your hair Diana finished up her cleaning routine and began working and getting dressed for the day. She put the gun in her holster that she had to put a better jacket back on. X paragraph her eyes made contact with a jacket that she had been given the night previous.

Should she try to find Jack, to try and give it back to him? Walking over to the jacket, she checked its pockets for maybe their phone number. Yet found nothing.

"Hmmm, strange why would they not have a phone number?" She asked her self she put a jacket back down since it was quite heavy leather. Heavy with worn inside it must've been quite expensive, it only made for wonder more why he would give something so expensive to a total stranger.

Maybe he was trying to buy the police's good side? that thought got a chuckle out of her if that was the case he was A, trying the wrong police person in B, failing.

The gesture at least was nice. She smiled at the thought of the strangers and then left the house to head straight to work.

Taking a deep breath, she went on her way to her work. Once at work, a whole packet of paper was already laying on her desk. Which caused her to sigh once more.

Sitting down, she quickly dug into the work and began doing the administration she would need to do.

About half an hour into her work, one of her coworkers approached her. It was Daisy, who smiled as she approached her.