The werewolf

It stood out to Diana how strange this situation was, there was a man sitting at her kitchen table in front of her and Diana was holding a gun while she interrogated him.

Not even mentioning she was in her under garments she usually slept is and wearing a leather coat.

Yet as strange as the situation was, the man did not seem to worry for a minute, just casually sitting there with his arms crossed as he watched the detective.

Jack cleared his throat, "I thought you saw, but I will explain. I am a werewolf, a shapeshifter." Diana rolled her eyes at that explanation.

"Yeah, I did see that, I thought a werewolf did that during a full moon or something." Diana wasn't sounding very serious, but who could in a situation like this?

Jack chuckled, a smile replacing his serious look for a moment. "Don't believe the movies, we aren't monsters that kill and eat people." Jack promised, shaking his head at the notion.

Diana eyed him, squinting. "So why are you here, or were you and Caroline here, fighting?"

Jacks eyebrows knitted together again as he thought his answer over, rubbing his chin.

"Caroline shouldn't have been here." Jack said finally after he chose his words. "And I came to correct that." The man added, making eye contact with Diana again after he had looked away for a bit.

"And you do that by fighting and wrecking my backyard?" Diana asked, huffing as she didn't really understand it.

"Yes. That's how it works for us, I am the alpha of our pack, and if someone doesn't listen to a direct order, I will correct that behavior."

Diana her squinting increased, her grip on the gun tightening. "So you'd kill one of your own for that?"

"No, Caroline is still alive, is she not? We do not kill our own, but I am the alpha and as such am responsible for her and the actions of others. I am sorry for scaring you through it and causing damage to your home." Jack sounded genuine but still had not looked away once.

His eyes piercing her own, as Diana refused to look away as well.

Sighing Diana, leaned against the counter. "So why was she here?" The detective moved her gun, trying to let him know she didn't have endless patience.

"I believe, to reveal our identities to you." Jack looked away for the first time, and grit his teeth as he spoke. As if he regretted saying it in the first place.

"And why is that important?" Diana her eyes widened, standing up straighter as she felt she finally got a clue as to what was going on.

"Because we are werewolves..." Jack was deflecting, Diana knew it! He wasn't looking her in the eye and he was blinking faster than he had moments earlier. He looked tense in the shoulders as well.

"And why would that be important to specifically me?" The detective was now leaning on the table, getting closer to the werewolf as she smirked.

Jack remained quiet, a dark look crossing him as he took a deep breath, and released it. "Because I know you." Jack looked right into Diana's eyes as he said it.

Diana, in turn, froze. Her blood ran cold and her heart skipped a beat. The way he said it, resolute... And the serious look he was giving her, told her he couldn't be lying.

At a loss for words, Diana stared for a few seconds, trying to think of a new question for her investigation. Her mind had become sluggish for a moment.

"How.... How do you know me?..." Diana stuttered a little as she asked the question, trying to keep steady even if it was a question she would rather never ask.

"I have known you all my life." Jack replied, as serious as before, and before the detective could reply with a, you're a liar. He continued.

"I know you well enough, to know that you like to sit on the floor when you eat, that you hate pictures. That you skip breakfast every morning and hate the cold. I have known you for so long to know your trust, is something that is as rare as a blood moon." Jack seemed determined now, as he didn't stop talking.

Even When Diana began to back away, her eyes wide as she got more and more unnerved by the facts he was telling her about herself. Was this nut job some kind of stalker?

"I know you have a tattoo on your lower back... That you drink coffee when you're worried. That you are a workaholic...I kno-" Diana finally interrupted him, shaking her head. "STOP! JUST... stop! You.. You can't know all this!" Tears were spilling down her cheeks, her hands back on the gun as she had it pointed at Jack.

Even though her hands were shaking. Jack didn't seem disturbed by her outcry, or the gun as he stayed seated. He just looked.. sorrowful?

Feeling her tears, Diana realized she was crying and quickly tried to stop, why was she even crying!? "I don't know you!" Diana yelled at Jack who finally moved, and slowly rose from his seat.

One of his hands reached out towards her, but he didn't move, his brows furrowing. "Diana.. I'm sorry... I did not mean to hurt you... I will not hurt you again. I can promise you that. But know that I am on your side, and care deeply about you."

Jack's words fell on deaf ears as Diana lowered her gun so she could wipe tears away. "You don't know SHIT! You're a liar!" She was shouting, but knew what he said was true about her.

The werewolf remained silent again, as he weighed his options presumably. Diana paid him no mind as her inner struggle as to figure out why she was so emotional and scared all of a sudden continued to rage on.

There was a long moment of silence in the small kitchen, only filled with the steady breaths of Jack and the sniffles of Diana. Until Jack finally broke the silence.

"I understand you don't believe me.... I have not been stalking you if you think that. Let me prove to you that I mean you no harm, over time. I do not expect you to trust me in one day." Jack said softly, giving her the slightest of smiles.

Diana looked up at him, blinking for a few moments as she processed his words. "I won't trust you ever!" She growled, her sorrow replaced by anger.

Jack simply tilted his head to the side "You don't need to right now, let me at least help find your friend."

That caught Diana's attention "You said you didn't know where she was!" She shouted, reaching for her gun again, that she had put down on the counter.

"I don't know where she is! But I can help you find her!" Jack pressed, walking towards her as she reached for the weapon.

"Yeah sure you can wolf-boy, like I can-" She was interrupted when the phone rang.

Her home phone, which never meant anything good.