The Bakery

I head over to the Dupain Bakery, I hear Marinette lives there. I have some money on me so I could also buy us some bread, sure she could get it for free but she might appreciate the gift. I already have Adrien's number as well as Marinette's so I should tell her that I have her number and will be contacting her.

I gently open the door to the bakery with a straight face and look at what appears to be Marinette's mother, a big man in a blue shirt is getting fresh baguettes out of the big brick oven.

"Hello, i'm here for a few- er- croissants." I say, stuttering a bit.

"Coming right up!" Marinette's Mother says, putting on some plastic gloves. "How many?" she asks.

"Five."
"Alrighty!"

She loads five croissants into a nice box and hands it to me.

"That'll be five dollars please!"
I look in my skirt pocket and find a ten, I hand it to her and she rings me up then gives me my change back.
"Is Marinette here?" I ask curiously, remembering what I needed to ask her.

"Shes upstairs, you can go talk to her if youre a friend of hers!" The big man says with a smile on his face.

Her parents are kind.

"Thank you." I say quickly then climb up the stairs. Finding Marinette's room.

I knock on the door.

(Sorry if this chapter was a bit short! Also go ahead and follow me on Tiktok!: Justahomowithinternet)