C4: Endurance

"It's always harder at the beginning, but i'll be there to support you."
______________
Y/N's POV

The wolves begin attacking. Jin-woo slices at three Raikans, injuring two, slicing one in half. I fend off five effortlessly using my pole arm, landing cuts that will quickly cut them down. As we kill more Raikans, even more come to replace the dead ones. I'm starting to sweat. I'll fight as much as my body can endure. Raikan corpses start piling up around me as I speed up. Jin-woo is fighting fiercely too. Various screens pop up around us, notifying us of leveling up. We keep killing one after another and the smell is terrible. Jin-woo looks determined. "I can't just keep my head down like a weakling, relying on you to help me." Jin-woo randomly says. He looks tired and drained but picks up the pace. "Purify!" I cast the spell on him, and it removes some of his fatigue.
.
.
.
I stab my pole into the ground and lean on it. Breathing hard, my body feels heavy. Purify! Purify! Purify! I used purify so much, it doesn't seem to have an effect anymore. Jin-woo crouches, resting for a moment. Dozens of more Raikans appear from the darkness, it's brutal. Jin-woo's eyes are still full of determination, despite everything. We still keep on fighting.
.
Jin-woo's sword drips with blood. "In the end, a weapon will inevitably lose durability. Even if I purchase a high grade weapon, it breaks after a few dungeons. Thanks to your magical weapon, this worked out." He says as he looks at the trail of Raikan corpses that we left behind us. We're walking deeper into the dungeon, most of the Raikans eliminated. "Did you get some good loot?" I ask. He pulls up his inventory. "64 wolf fangs, 3 worn daggers, traveler's clothes, hearthstone." "Woah! That's way more than I was expecting! Do you want to return home now?" Jin-woo shakes his head. "There's no guarantee that there will be another chance to become stronger this easily. Let's keep going." "Great answer!"
.
Every time we level up, it gets easier to kill monsters. Different variations of the Raikans and more monsters appear, but we kill them easily as they aren't in big groups. I have the urge to just tank through the dungeon, but Jin-woo needs to get stronger. I let him kill all the monsters that he can without difficulty. We also learned that the color of the name changes accordingly to the monsters strength. White means weak, orange means strong, red means very strong. After wandering a bit, we find some stairs that go deeper underground.

It has an ominous presence, and we both know that the boss is down there

It has an ominous presence, and we both know that the boss is down there. Without speaking, we go down quietly. The stairs seem to go really far down. "Woah, I'm getting goosebumps!" I broke the silence as we reached the bottom.

 "Woah, I'm getting goosebumps!" I broke the silence as we reached the bottom

It's pretty dark down here, and there's a slight mist. A dark spot appears in the swamp-like waters. Instantly, a giant snake tail appears from the water, launching us against a wall. Jin-woo coughs up some blood and his sword is fades into sparkles. He stares, watching it fade away with an alarmed expression. "Swamp's ruler, blue poison Rasaka- Its name is orange." I say as I cast a blessing on Jin-woo. The snake watches us curiously before baring it's fangs and hissing. I fumble to make another weapon for Jin-woo. Another sword of light appears for a second, but flickers and dissolves. What?! Jin-woo stands barehanded, staring the snake in the eye as it looms over us. "It didn't work because you were rushing to create it. You need to concentrate remember?" The voice explains. The snake lunges at Jin-woo, mouth open. Jin-woo dodges and starts punching at the rest of its body. Too late for his weapon now... I run at the snake, and the voice says to tell Jin-woo to close his eyes. "Jin-woo close your eyes quick!" I get a gut feeling. The snake stares directly at me, and Jin-woo complies. Blinding! A bright light emits from my body. The snake screeches in pain as it gets blinded, it's eyes now glossed over. It lunges in my direction and starts flailing erratically. I jump over it, and stab it with my pole, which only leaves a slight scratch. Jin-woo ducks but he still gets hit on the back. He suddenly stops in place. I leap in-front of him again and deflect the snake. "What are you doing? Snap out of it!" I say. The snake flicks its tail at him, sending him flying into another wall. He stands up and his eyes seem to glow. "I have to become stronger..." He mumbles. I drag my pole across the snakes scales, the blade making a screeching noise. The snake jumps towards the noise, but I silently leap over it. Jin-woo runs toward the snakes midpart. The snake hears his footsteps and snaps towards it. Jin-woo dodges it and grabs around the snakes throat. It starts flailing around, trying to fling Jin-woo off. Jin-woo tightens his grip around the snake, causing blood to come out of the snakes throat. "Die! Die! Die!" He yells as I slit the underbelly of the snake.

The snake's corpse lays coiled on the ground, Jinwoo sits against it

The snake's corpse lays coiled on the ground, Jinwoo sits against it. He breathes heavily. "I guess I got a bit stronger?" He says. I smile proudly. "Yes you did!" "I didn't get to land the killing blow though..." I laugh awkwardly and pick up a dagger dropped by the snake. "Sorry... This is for you." I say as I hand him the dagger.

"The attack stat is higher then your prototype! It has paralyze and bleed effects too?!" He exclaims happily

"The attack stat is higher then your prototype! It has paralyze and bleed effects too?!" He exclaims happily. "Thanks Y/N!" "You deserve it." The surroundings seem to pixelate, and we watch the subway revert back to normal.

.

We head up the stairs. "That was kinda fun wasn't it?" I say. "I guess? I wonder how much time it took, it felt like a while. What time is it now?" It's raining and the sky is dark. A man walks out from the corner. "Who are you? How did you come out from there?" He asks.

Author's Note  :)

Sorry for the late/slow chapter- I don't normally like to leave these notes but I'd just like to let everyone know that chapters might be slow to release because:
1. School >:C
2. I'm writing another story alongside this :> It's for Jujutsu Kaisen so uh yea hehe (it's still unreleased but it'll be out soon)
3. Motivation is on and off :'{

anyways- i hope that fight scene was okay, 'll keep trying to release sort-of consistently- please do vote/comment if you enjoy the story :) ilysm for reading, have a good day/night!