Chapter 3: The so Grandiose Party

Dearest Jean,

I and Paimon have invited you to our Serenitea pot. It would be most great if you are able to attend our housewarming party. The party will begin at 5 PM.

Thank you,
Lumine and Paimon

"I think I may have a few dresses in my closet," Jean said, sitting on the edge of her bed.

Lisa hummed while she rummaged through Jean's closet. Jean was hesitant to wear whatever Lisa had in mind, but she has little to no experience in picking out dresses for gatherings, having her mother pick out most of the clothes as a child even up to her teens.

"There we go! I'm surprised you would actually have other clothes which weren't formal in your closet." Lisa giggled as she held up the dress in display for Jean to see.

It was a white off the shoulder satin dress. The dress ended near the knees. Lace wrapped around the shoulders and bottom of the skirt, looking as if it were the waves of an ocean.

"Wow. This dress is... perfect." Jean stood in awe at the wonderful dress Lisa had picked out.

Once Jean had changed, she looked at herself in the mirror while fiddling with her hair. The dress fit her perfectly - a little too perfectly. Lisa suggested adding a golden yellow ribbon for her hair which she had curled. She had borrowed Lisa's heels, they were a golden yellow, matching her ribbon.

At last, she was ready.

}✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:{

Lumine greeted Jean as she walked in with Klee and Lisa.

"Hello Jean-" Lumine began.

"Wow you look great, who knew the acting grandmaster could step away from her desk." Paimon interrupted. The floating pixie flew around Jean, observing her dress.

A blush went across Jean's face at the sudden comment. "Oh! Why thank you, Lisa helped pick it out for me."

Lisa laughed. "What a nice place you have, I'll be sure to help you in your library cutie."

"Thanks, Lisa," Lumine said, smiling. Abrupt to the moment, Klee ran off towards the dessert table.

"Klee come back here!" Jean called out, worried for the very energetic girl.

"It's alright she'll be fine," Paimon assured her. "We barely have any furniture, so she won't get hurt."

"Alright then."

}✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:{

Nearly everyone was there. Amber and Eula were drinking cider, Albedo and sucrose talked amongst themselves as they watched over Klee, and Venti was of course getting himself wasted at the bar. Even some new hires were there chatting with Noelle.

The house was decorated pleasantly.  With colorful balloons surrounding the walls. Windows were dressed in red long, draping curtains. There were fairy lights extended throughout the garden. The house itself was big, but nothing too fancy.

A few hours passed until Lisa excused herself from their conversation to say something to Kaeya.

As Jean was sitting alone at the couches, the memories from the previous week rushed into her head causing her to turn red. She figured she had to apologize sincerely to Diluc.

After walking around for what seemed like ages, she spotted the red-haired man. It looked like he was talking to Venti about...something? It appeared Venti was trying to direct Diluc's attention elsewhere.

Suddenly Jean felt a tap on her shoulder as she was walking over to the makeshift bar.

"Lisa? Kaeya? What's wrong?" Jean asked, arching a eyebrow at the suspicious scene.

"Well, this is a night for you to relax," Kaeya said, stretching his arms as he ordered another drink.

"So, we were hoping you could have a drink tonight. It's been ages since you last drank." Lisa finished for him.

"It has been a while, but I have work to get done in the mornings. I can't be hungover with duties tomorrow." Jean argued.

"It'll be alright, Jean. Honestly, you need to let loose every now and then." Lisa told her, making Jean stop to think.

"I guess so.... But as long as it's just one drink, no more." Jean said sternly.

"Fair enough." Lisa sighed, rolling her eyes.

As expected of the Acting Grandmaster who barely drank, she got drunk fairly quickly. That night, Kaeya and Lisa saw a new side of Jean. A side that's fun, bubbly and surprisingly irresponsible. Of course, Kaeya made a laugh out of it.

Although Jean still remembered to apologize Diluc for the other day. She felt too bad for making him deal with Kaeya and Lisa's shenanigans.

As she looked over to the makeshift bar, she realized Diluc had moved elsewhere. Jean decided that maybe he had left to go outdoors. He wasn't as social as he used to be in his teenage years - before the incident regrettably occurred.

Jean recalled the days when she and him were still young, and how they would be bored out of their minds whenever they were forced to attend their parents grown up parties. They would sneak off outside with snacks and stay out there until their parents had called for them. They had even bought Kaeya along with them on many times.

As she began to walk, she had almost tripped but caught herself. The alcohol was getting to her. She only had one drink so why was she so drunk? Despite her drunken state, she still could function. She was just a little wary and tipsy, that's all. So Jean tried her best to look normal.

Once she had made it to the garden, she was expecting the red-haired-poker-faced man leaning against a wall, but she couldn't find him.

Then suddenly she felt someone dragging her away. The person held onto her in a rough manner, hurting Jean's wrist. Jean could tell it was a man by his figure and build. But why would a man be dragging her away? Did he need to ask her about something? If he did, why was he being so rough about it?

"Who are you?" She asked. The man gave her no answer. Once they reached a wall on a side of the house, he pushed her with his weight against the wall.

"Hey gorgeous, what are you doing at a party like this?" The unknown man said. It was strange that a man that she didn't recognize was at this party. He was way too close to her than she would've liked. He had also reeked of wine.

The man gripped onto her hand and wouldn't let go. Jean couldn't see his face much, since he had a black mask covering the entirety of his head with the exception of his eyes. She attempted to comprehend what color his eyes were, but she couldn't distinguish it in the dark.

"Please let my hand go," Jean politely asked.

The man, ignoring her request, began playing with her hair. Twirling it around his fingers and stroking it down. Jean shuddered in response, heavily uncomfortable with it.

"I ask again, please let me go." The anonymous man didn't respond and smirked.

At this point, Jean pushed him off of her. But it seemed as if the defense tactic only lead to the man being angered.

He slammed her against the wall aggressively before slapping her face. Her cheek was left with a dark irritated bruise.

Jean felt too sick to do anything. Her head was spinning, and she wanted to throw up. She cursed at her self, she shouldn't have drunk.

"Don't enrage me anymore, you hear me?" The man whispered in a low voice. 

"P-please don't..."

Jean realized what color his eyes were now. Hazel.

BONUS ALBEROSE SCENE:

"You look n-nice Sucrose" Albedo stuttered a blush blooming across his face.

"O-oh thank you Mister Albedo."

"Just admit you like her already!" Venti drunkenly yelled from afar.