Chapter 1 Convincing 

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase,just take the first step.

~Martin Luther King Jr.

And also my darlings this chapter may no stay true to a pov because when I was first writing the book I had not planned on using povs. I will try to fix it but I may forget a few. But it will get better in the next few chapters. Good reading!

Raelynn POV-

Ive been working up the courage to ask my parents to go to the two week national volleyball tournament in Los Angeles to play with my team, and I have money saved up to cover all my expenses. But my parents aren't the most happy to let me leave the house let alone our pack lands. I also Made it so all they would have to do is authorize the trip. So after school with a lot begging and convincing i finally convinced my parents to go but not without setting a condition, that being that Daniel had to come with me he and his family planed on going to Los Angeles any way for the alpha party planned annually for alphas and their families to help create alliances among packs.
I wasn't complaining because he was my best friend but that didn't stop Daniel from making me strike a deal with him. Which was if he agreed to attend my volleyball games I would have to join him at the Alpha meeting to keep him company which i reluctantly agreed too.

We reached Los Angeles at around 12am on Wednesday so that we could settle in before the tournament. We decided to Only get two hotel rooms with two queen size beds in one myself and Daniel and in the other the connected suite, a 1 bed for Daniel's parents.

On Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday I practiced with my team and went out for dinner with them on Thursday and Friday then on Saturday and Sunday i went to dinner with Daniel and his family.

Monday I woke up at 6 AM to have a warm shower to ease my nerves for the long day that lied ahead including three games I would have play that day and the first day of the alphas meeting which I stupidly agreed to attend. After my shower I got dressed in comfortable clothes being sweat pants and a baggy queen t-shirt I slid on my slides and exited the room grabbing a key card for my way back.
Then descended the elevator to retrieve breakfast which is a carrot muffin and banana that I brought back to my and Daniels room. When I came back I found Daniel sitting on his bed watching tv or might I say switching channels trying to find one he found interesting.
He sat up and straightened his back and asked me if I got him anything to eat with a slight grin as he knew I didn't. But then I looked at my banana then to him and then through it at him full force which he was not prepared for so it hit his chest and he acted as if he had been shot.

He than grabbed the banana that sat in front of him on the bed and ate it. He decided it was not enough so he went to the lobby to to go grab more food.

The first volleyball game passed in what felt like a second and then on to the second game it went. By the end of the night I was exhausted but I knew that when I got back to the hotel room there is no relaxing for me for. Because I would have to have a shower and prepare myself for the long evening that was yet to come.
Once I was out of the shower I quickly dried my hair with the hairdryer pulling it into a low ponytail.

I threw on high waisted wide leg pleated pants in an almost Sandy colour with a simple Burgundy cropped tank top with the Long waist length jacket that matched the pants. I threw on a slight bit of makeup being lipgloss to change my appearance to look more dressed up.

(What I imagine the outfit is)^

As I Exited the bathroom I saw Daniel sliding on his dress shoe that matched his dress pants and white button up shirt his hair naturally curly like always. When Daniel saw me he had a smile on his face to which he said "you look gorgeous. You will have all the guys after you at the dinner tonight." then letting out a small laugh as I chuckled at his words.

Mr. and Mrs. Brooks then met us in the hotel lobby Mrs Brooks looked beautiful in a red floor length dress and Mr brooks wearing his black suit which matched the pattern on Mrs brooks dress. We walked out of the hotel as the valet pulled around the rental car which was a black Toyota Camry with silver rims. Daniel and I went into the backseat as Mr Brooks helped Mrs. Brooks into the passenger Seat then walked around the car to get into the driver seat.
It was going to be a two hour drive until we reached Rock Wood pack territory for the first day of the alpha meeting. Until then I decided to look out the window and at the big city we were driving through. What felt like hours later we reached the end of the big city and drove down the highway to a forest where I presume the pack will be. 20 minutes left of our drive and my back felt stiff for not moving in so long. We came to an abrupt stop halting in front of black metal gate there stood four guards and one guard approached the car and asked " state your name and how many people are in your vehicle" .

Mr Brooks then cleared his throat and answered the guards questions we were quickly let through the gates and the last 20 minutes of our drive past in a flash and the second the car stopped I undid my seatbelt all but launched myself out of the car which earned a chuckle from Daniel as he slowly stepped out of car.
The building that sat in front of us was beautiful with flowers and freshly cut lawns. The entryway was beautiful the house was made with red brick and it had white accents making it feel homey yet modern at the same time.
The door was quickly opened and we were met by a young boy maybe 8 years old letting us in after we were in the house the young boy yelled out " mom dad people are here for your party" they boy then looked over at us and smiled. Who I presume are his parents turned the corner and we were met by alpha Richard and Luna Bailey of the rock woods pack. Luna Bailey then spoke to her sun saying " be polite Eliot introduce yourself" she scolded. Elliot then turned over to Mr an Mrs Brooks and introduced himself to each one of us as we did to him.

Other guests soon began to arrive and as everyone was there we all sat down at a big table me next to Daniel and Daniel next to his mom followed by his dad in the next seat. Everyone begin to chat around the table and before I knew it we were putting on our jackets preparing to leave.
I stood next to Daniel as he spoke to one of his friends and a Man bumped into me making me stumble getting the attention of Daniel, the man Quickly turned to me and apologized and then marched out of the house.

Daniel then looked at me and asked if I was all right and I quickly nodded saying I was Okay. Daniel than wrapped up the conversation with his friend realizing that I was eager to leave, and we walked to where the car sat and hopped in.
A large sigh of relief left my lips when we sat in the car, Daniel then Looked at me with concern evident In his eyes I turned to him and met his gaze " I'm fine Dani, I'm just tired and need to sleep. I've had a long day and I don't love big groups of people it just makes me me feel suffocated" I said in a low voice. Daniel then looked at me and gave me a slight smile before hugging me and thanking me for coming with him after the long tiring day I've had.

Mr. and Mrs. Brooks then entered the car shortly after Mr. Brooks plugged the key into the ignition and turned it making the car roar to life. He then pulled out of the spot and we began to drive back to our hotel. I found myself tired after five minutes of driving and then leaning my head against the window and shutting my eyes.