Chapter 7 all or nothing

Happiness is the best makeup
-Drew Barrymore

Colton's POV

After the fight I had with Raelynn today I felt terrible for treating her the way I did. I ended up calling Tate to come over to deal with pack business, and to keep me distracted. We worked for hours but then we were suddenly met with the delicious smell of pasta. Tate shot up from the chair and within seconds he was out of my office and in the kitchen. I let them speak to each other for a while giving me enough time to finish what we were working on. I left my office to hear laughter and the second I reached the kitchen it stopped.
After I got my food all dished out Raelynn got a phone call and Immediately left the room to answer it. She stood in the living room with the phone pressed to her ear and a worried expression plastered on her face. Right now I couldn't be anymore thankful for my wolf hearing so listened to what was being said through the phone

" Rae you need to come home right now, i can't do it anymore i need to study and live my own life i shouldn't have to parent Evelyn at the same time. We are running low on money and I can't do it all by myself. Please come home." Said the person on the other end of the phone

"I'm so sorry Darry I'll try to come home. I can send you money for the bills right now and in the meantime bring Evelyn to Daniel's place so you can study and have time to yourself. I promise I'll figure everything out ok?"

"Ok" said the person on the phone then they hung up.

Raelynn changed her demeanor to emotionless not one emotion or expression was shown on her beautiful face. She just looked at the front door then to me "I need to go for a run" was all she said before leaving the house. Tate and I were quickly out of our chairs and out the door.
I knew Raelynn had already shifted by the shredded clothes on the ground and the massive wolf that stood before us facing the beautiful full moon. Raelynn rocked herself back and forth in wolf form to what I assume is to calm herself. In an attempt to help calm her I took a step closer but that seemed to make her wolf far more Agitated than I expected, her once mesmerizing blue and brown eyes turned gold and silver. I knew her wolf was in control and she snarled which made her sharp canines show in warning for me to back up. Before I could take my steps back she let out a loud heartbroken howl. It was so loud it shook the ground under my feet. I could feel the pain that she felt through the mate bond, it was almost unbearable to me and we aren't even mated so I can't imagine how she actually feels.

I was pulled from my thoughts by a mind link from a pack worrier "alpha there is an unknown wolf on the territory they are just outside your house I've sent Ted and Ross to get it " before I could protest Ted came charging at Raelynn. I went to step forward and stop him but In a flash he was pinned to the ground under her, her sharp canines hanging out in a venomous growl. She took a slow step back in order to let me deal with him. She went to the clearing in the forest, she sat there for hours looking at the moon. I just sat and watched her from afar. She looked as if she was in a lot of pain and I knew I could only make it Worse if I approached.
It was now three in the morning and she decided to come back to the house. I Laid out a pair of sweatpants and a shirt of mine for her change into. Then I went inside.

After a couple minutes she came inside, her eyes still slightly gold and silver but almost back to her blue and brown color. She looked drained not just emotionally but physically as well. Before I could say anything she was in the guest bedroom, I decided I'd let her sleep in there even though I want her in my room on my bed. With an aggravated huff I went to bed.

I tossed and turned but all I could do was think about Raelynn. I needed to lay with her if I was to sleep. Within seconds I find myself at her door I give it a lite knock and walk into the dark room, the only thing I can see is glowing eyes staring at me.
"do you mind if I stay with you tonight" i ask quietly "only tonight" she says opening the blankets next to her for me to get in.

So I do, I get into her bed at first I was hesitant to move closer but all or nothing am I right? So I reach over and wrap my arm around her waist pulling her close to me. Her scent instantly calms me and I drift into a deep and comfortable sleep.

Please comment
hope you are doing lovely

:Now making next chapter

L~