Chapter 6 phone call

Be yourself everyone else is already taken
-Oscar Wilde

Raelynn's POV

One of Colton's warriors challenged me to a spar with Tate there beta, and I agreed I haven't had a good spar in a while. Why not? I thought Once we were in the ring both Tate and I were in fighting positions, I noticed he had good footwork but didn't use it to his advantage.
We circled each other for a couple minutes with Tate finally throwing the first punch. I quickly dodged it, giving him a hard right hook to the ribs making him lose his breath momentarily. I used the moment of weakness to my advantage, kicking him not too hard but hard enough to make him fall to his knees. He regained his breath, giving me a hard push making me stumble back 3 steps giving him enough time to stand.

I finally finished playing easy, giving him a hard perfectly aimed hook kick he fell to the ground, I ran to him and put him in a chokehold and within not even a minute he tapped out. I helped him up and almost forgot we had an audience.
I reached over and grabbed Tate a water bottle " thanks" he said, taking a sip of the clear ice cold liquide "sorry about that" I said to Tate guiltely " you won fair and square i'll be okay, But I gotta say that was really impressive. My name is Tate and yours is?"
"Nice to meet you Tate, my name is Raelynn" I said with a slight smile. Finally I looked over at the pack warriors and most had a shocked look on their faces including Colton. I left the mat passing the warrior that suggested I fight Tate in the first place. I felt content knowing they were shocked, I may be five foot six but I'll put up a pretty good fight.

I walked back over to Colton but this time he wore a look of pride on his face "i am going to finish my run" i said beginning to jog again. I knew Colton was behind me so I slowed down sensing he had something he wanted to say. "How did you do that?" he said, trying to form his next sentence "beat my betta I mean.No one has ever been able to get him to tap out besides me, and even then he he hates to " I shrugged
"practice I suppose,I was trained by the best to be the best" was all I said and he knew better then to ask anymore questions. We walked in silence for a little while but then I finally broke the silence "Can I borrow a phone when we get back to your house?" I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes, I couldn't help but feel terrible about my words "our" he mumbled. "What did you say?"
"Nothing. Of Course you can borrow a phone".

We finally reached his house and when we went inside he gave me a phone and walked into what I assume is his office. My first thought was to call my little brother Darian I dialed his number and after two rings he answered

"Hello, who is this?"

"Darry it's me Raelynn I-" I was cut off by un abundance of questions

"Are you ok Rae? I haven't heard from you in a couple days and I was getting worried"

"I'm ok Darry. How is it at home? How are the parents treating you guys?"

"It's ok I guess. Mom haven"t been great i ended up taking Evelyn to a hotel a couple days ago Mom was fighting to much"

"Oh darry i am so sorry i'm not there. How much money was the hotel room? I'll transfer you for it. Apparently I'm going to be in Los Angeles longer than I expected, but I will get home as soon as I can. Please tell Evelyn I love her. Thank you for taking on my responsibilities. Well, I'm gone. I love you Darry and if there are any problems just call this number ok?"

"Ok Rae love you too bye"

Once I hung up the phone I felt too many emotions, shame the Darian has to deal with everything on his own. I also felt sad not being with them. They are my family after all.
I sat there for a couple minutes trying to compose myself. I had no interest in crying in the home of a man I barely know. Once I was half decent I went to the bathroom and decided to have a shower. After my shower I felt a lot better. I left the bathroom and walked to Colton's bedroom and into his closet, I grabbed a white button up shirt boxers and a pair of Levi's jeans. I threw on the shirt and the boxers and grabbed the jeans and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut them into shorts. I put the shorts on and tucked the shirt in at the front.

How I imagine outfit ^

Colton walked out of his office and looked at me "you look nice. Where did you get those clothes" he asked "I got them from your closet, I hope you don't mind that I cut a pair of your jeans into shorts". "No it's alright.What do you want for lunch?" He asked eagerly "I'm not hungry, so get whatever you want". "Suit yourself" he said calmly walking to the living room
"hey Colton" i called after him "i need to go home. My family needs me there" he
Came to an abrupt stop and turned back to me with anger in his eyes "well I need you here too" he snapped walking closer to me "haven't you thought about that at all? That I need you with me as my mate. that our pack needs you here with them." We now stood face to face "You don't understand Col-" I was cut off " Then enlighten me Raelynn "he snapped again.

I took a breath to regain composure "One, don't ever and I mean ever speak to me like that again I will not stand for it." I gave him one soft push making him fall back three long steps "You may be my so-called mate but I will lay you flat on your ass if you speak to me like that again and that I will promise you. Two, I have people who rely on me to take care of them and I sure as hell won't let you stop me from doing that."
He then began to walk toward me again, standing even closer than last time which made my wolf even more angry. I could feel her trying to get out, if I didn't have good control of my wolf I would have already shifted.

Then Colton finally spoke "Why do you hate it here?"
I was taken back by his question: did I hate it here? No, I can't afford to think like that. I have my siblings to think about, not myself. "I-I don't hate it here it's just" I took a pause "I have Responsibilities at home Colton. I have two siblings and I take care of them. I am their support system, I am their parents. I make sure they have food and clean clothes. Even if that shouldn't be my job it is ok? I'm not thinking about me here, I'm thinking about them and they will always come first. So please get out of my face".

Colton took a step back; he was far enough away now for me to step around him and go outside to think about the situation. I sat on the front porch swing for I don't know how long but Tate passed me on his way into the house. I sat there for long enough to calm my nerves and decided to go to the kitchen and make food.
I searched through all kinds of cupboards and I found pasta, peppers, tomatoes, unions, and spices. After I was done making food I did the dishes and put some food in Bowl for me. I made way too much for one person, I suppose I'm only used to cooking for three. Both men popped their heads out Colton's office door and seconds later Tate was standing in front of me

"hey Tate" I said walking to the seat at the counter "hey Raelynn got enough food for two more?" He asked with a cheerful smile " sure is, pots are on the stove" he gave me one more cheerful smile and went straight for the stove to dish out his plate. I'm not sure why I'm being nice to him but I like his energy, he seems like the type of person that just brings laughs and smiles to every room he's in. "Can I join you at the counter?" I gave him a slight nod and he went and sat beside me. "You sure are good at fighting Raelynn-" I cut him off "just call me Rae" "ok Rae where the hell did you learn to fight like that? I was down in a second" I let out a small chuckle then sighed
"don't feel bad" I said in a teasing tone "I've been training since I could walk, I have a black belt in karate ninjutsu and I box in my free time" he looked at me in complete shock "how many more tricks do you have up those sleeves of yours" he said with a chuckle that turned into a full spout of laughter I just sat there and smiled it felt nice because i haven't in a While.