Chapter 5 challenges

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day
-Winnie The Pooh

Raelynn's POV

The last thing I remember is Sharp pain and then darkness. I am sitting here conscious but I can't open my eyes. The repetitive and annoying beeping sound pushed me to open my eyes.and I was met with a bright light.  I came to the conclusion that I was in a hospital room. I felt a presence beside me looking down at me.

I looked up to find Colton the man from the party at The Rockwood pack. Memories came rushing back from the night before and the realization he was my mate and the one who attacked me flooded my head. When he realized I was awake he reached out to grab my hand but I quickly pulled away and shot out of the bed, my wolf was on high alert and was ready to shift if necessary.  He looked at me with sadness in his eyes
"please let me explain. I would never hurt you on purpose ' he pleaded. I shook my head. In disbelief he attacks me then thinks he is entitled for me to listen to him. " I have no interest in speaking to you and I am returning to my pack where I am safe and happy" I said in a harsh tone. He suddenly grabbed my arm shooting sparks of electricity up and down my spine and I looked at him, we made eye contact for a moment before I looked away.  "I got a mind link from my guard saying an alpha male was in my Territory" he paused and took a breath. " I didn't know it was you until it was too late, your wolf is the same size as mine and the colours and pattern is unusual. Your scent was different it doesn't make sense" He said in an exasperated tone.

"that is no way to treat anyone on your pack lands if they are simply defending themselves. I was cornered four to one and you expect me to lay down and cower?" Every word that was said was Laste with venom. " I was raised better than to submit to a man who thinks he has all the power"with that said I removed his hand from my arm "Touch me again without my consent and I'll rip your arm out of its socket" he looked shocked at my threat but took a step back anyway, if only he knew I was being serious. Colton Left the room to calm himself and In the corner of my eye I saw a phone ,which I quickly ran to and put Daniel's number.

"Hello this is Daniel Brooks speaking"

"Dani it's me Raelynn I need you to come ge-"
I was cut off by Dani "are you ok? I've been so worried, where are you?"

"Something happened and I'll explain later just please come get me" once I let out the words the door was flung open and the phone ripped out of my hand by Colton "she is staying and that's final '' he said thru the phone. They begin to get into a pretty heated conversation ending with Colton hanging up the phone violently.
I finally looked down to see what I was wearing for clothes and they definitely weren't mine. I was in a massive T-shirt that went down to midthigh and boys boxers. I felt a lustful gaze looking at me and I traced it to Colton. He was looking me up and down my body and I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. He must have sensed my discomfort because he looked away.

I then looked at the time and saw it was 5:15 in the morning "shit, I'm gonna be late"  Colton turned back to me and gave me a look if puzzlement " I'm late for one of the most important volleyball games of the year I need to run for two hours to get there and ready by 7:30.
I need to go and there is no way you are stopping me" Colton gave me a smirk " do you want to see if that is true princess"  he said with a wink.  I rolled my eye and walked to the door. He tried to grab my hand but I got his first and kicked him in the back of the knee, making him fall to the ground. I left the room and found the front door that was at the bottom of the stairs.

I opened the door to find Colton leaning on the doorway I went to push past him but he grabbed my hands and pinned me to the wall  just outside the door. " So You play volleyball?" He said in an amused tone "yes, and I might miss my chance of getting scouted if you don't let me go" i said getting increasingly more upset with each word of course he didn't understand why this was important to me he's only know me for a day, but that is the only way of getting out of the house and taking my siblings with me. I can't afford to move far away without a scholarship and I won't leave them. My parents can't take care of them properly. I'd rather compromise my future to give them a chance at a good life. "I'll only let you go if you let me come and watch. If you let me come I can drive you and you will be there much faster" I reluctantly agreed to his offer.