05

I stop at the red gates of our family house, thinking of how I can get inside without my aunt finding out I freed Riri. I bit my lip after coming up of a plan as I silently open the gates.

I sighed in relief when I closed the gate without it clanging on each other. I quietly walk to the back of the house and stopped right in front of the window of the storage room. Since my bedroom was just above the storage room, I climbed up the wall using the window sill. It wasn't really that high so I managed to let Riri in my bedroom window. I close it again before slowly going down.

After successfully landing on the green grass floor, I close my bag before slinging it on my shoulder as I quietly went to the front door again. I open the door and saw San sitting at the sofa while scrolling on his phone. When he heard a click of the door, he looks up and smiles when he sees me.

"Hey, Ri."

"Hi, San."

I smile back as he goes back to scrolling on his phone. I remove my school shoes and left it on the shoe cabinet by the door before going up stairs.

I get inside my bedroom and quickly closing the door. Turning on the lights, I see that Riri has fallen asleep on my bed. I lock my door and walked to my bed, dropping my bag on my study chair. The bed creaks as I sat on it, causing Riri to stir in her sleep. I smile at her sleeping cutely before standing up again and quietly pull out a box under my single-sized bed.

I walk to my cabinet to get some soft clothing to put inside the box. After placing the clothing, I slowly lift Riri from the bed, trying not to wake her up before placing her on the box. I push the box under the bed again and went to take a half bath.

- time skip -

knock, knock, knock.

"Noona, it's time for dinner."

I hear someone say at the other side. I look up from my phone, placing it on my desk before standing up from my study chair.

"Okay! I'll be there."

I took a hoodie from my cabinet and wore it before walking to open the door not forgetting to turn off the lights on my room. I close the door and turn around, not expecting to see my cousin.

"Oh, Jongho! Why are you still here?"

"I was waiting for you, Noona. And sorry for yesterday, San hyung told me what happened," he looks at me apologetically. I consciously put my hand on the bandage on my forehead before chuckling at him.

"It's okay, Jongho. I was the one who was on the way," I assure him with a smile. Seeing him still frowning, I try - since I'm a bit shorter than him - to cling my arm on his neck as he responds with an 'ouch!'. I laugh at his attempt to remove my arm as I grip on him harder.

"Let's go before your brother scolds us for taking so long."

Yunho's POV

"Mom, I'm home!" I yell from the hallway, closing the door and taking off my shoes. I place them on the side and walked to the living room.

"Okay, honey! Go take a shower while I prepare the table!" My mom yells from the kitchen. I walk to the kitchen and saw her placing three plates on the table.

"Mhm, is that chicken adobo?"

"Yes, now go ahead and take a shower. It's still very hot so I have to cool it down a bit first. Also, call your brother when you get down."

Chicken adobo is a famous Filipino dish. My mom had a friend that recommended it to her and she liked it a lot. So, she tried cooking it and now, it's one of my favourite dish that she cooks.

"Okay."

I walked out of the kitchen and went upstairs to my bedroom. I close the door of my room and dropped my bag on my bed. I pulled out a white t-shirt and black pants inside my cabinet before walking in the bathroom.

After my quick shower, I brush my hair and went outside my room. I knock on the door beside my room.

"Youngie, come downstairs, mom prepared dinner."

Hearing a small 'okay' on the other side. I walk down the stairs and to the kitchen. I see my mom at the kitchen counter pouring the chicken adobo on a bowl. I pull a chair and sat on it.

"Did you call your brother?" My mom inquires as she carries the hot bowl with kitchen mittens.

"Yes, I did."

She places the adobo on the table, then took of the mittens and placed it on the kitchen counter. Just when she sits down, my step-brother arrives wearing something similar to what I'm wearing but instead of white, it's grey.

"Oh, Wooyoung! You're right on time!" My mom beams as she smiles to my brother. Wooyoung smiles back and sits down in his chair as we all start to eat.