3: The Interrogation

Alice, Riley, Lily, and I were led into the classroom by Harry and came face to face with so many Aurors and Hermione herself. I, along with the girls, suddenly realized how serious this actually was. I rushed over to the corner the mirror had been.

The sheet that once covered it was lying on the floor and there was no trace of where the mirror had gone.

"Lysander. Are you and the girls the only ones who knew about the mirror?" Hermione asked.

I nodded in response, "Lily and Riley don't lie and Alice and I swore on our lives with the secret."

Hermione looked to Harry. He nodded to her and turned back to the four of us.

"Kids. We would like to take you in for questioning."

"Dad-" Lily tried, but Harry held up a hand.

"Lily. Enough." he warned.

Aurors took me and the girls by the elbows and disapparated. We appeared in the center of the Ministry atrium. I'd only ever been in the Ministry once when I was sick, and my dad had to get a license for a creature to stay with him.

The auror holding my arm yanked me forward, which made me mad.

"I can walk just fine on my own!"

I yanked my arm free and followed Harry without guidance. Lily, Alice, and Riley followed my example and we walked freely behind Harry. He turned around to face us when we a semi-circle waiting area.

"Wait here. Your parents have been contacted."

Riley looked up slightly, "All of them?"

Harry nodded and left. We all collapsed on the bench. This going from nightmare to super nightmare. I looked up at Riley, Alice, and Lily. I lingered on Lily's eyes for a little longer than I should've, and Riley cleared her throat.

"What are we going to tell our parents?"

"Well, I don't have to explain anything to my dad." Lily said.

I smiled and added, "My mum will be fine. It's my dad I'm worried about. Alice, your parents should be a little freaked but fine, right?"

Alice nodded in response but didn't speak. She was always rather fear ridden if she ever got in trouble. This problem made her very quiet.

"Riley. It's you I'm worried about. Anthony cares for you, but both he and Terry are still strict."

"I'm not worried about my dad's. Zacharias and Lavender can keep them at bay. And either way, they couldn't do anything to me. I'm their little girl."

"Riley!" we heard.

Alice looked around, "Well, speak of the devil."

Terry Boot and Anthony Goldstein rounded the corner, their partners at their tails. Terry grabbed Riley by the arm and pulled her up.

"What happened? Why were you brought into the ministry? Did this-" Terry hit her forehead his palm, "-get you in a lot of trouble."

Anthony pulled back on Terry, "Don't raise your voice at Riley! Why don't you and Lavender go find Casper? He wandered off somewhere."

Terry looked at his wife and they ran off to find their son. Anthony snickered and looked down at Riley. She laughed, too.

"They'll be looking for a while." Anthony said to the rest of us.

"He left Casper with his grandparents." Zacharias Smith, his boyfriend, added.

We all laughed. Anthony looked down at his daughter. He rubbed her forehead where Terry had hit her.

"Are you alright, Ri?" he asked.

Riley nodded. Anthony smiled and wrapped Riley in a tight comforting hug. Zacharias smiled.

"Lysander!"

"Alice?!"

I looked to Alice. Our parents actually showed up to this. My parents were the first to come around the corner, followed closely by Alice's. Like I guessed, my mum was not as freaked out as my dad. He reached me and wrapped me in a tight, 'protective' hug.

He spoke into my ear, "What am I going to do with you? First, you purposefully make yourself fly from your broom. Now, you're being brought into the ministry for questioning?" he looked down at me, "Lysander. What going on with you?"

I mumbled to him, "I didn't have anything to do with this, dad."

My mum managed to get my dad to let me breath. Alice's dad hadn't managed the same achievement with Hannah. She clung tightly to her daughter, refusing to let go. It was almost when she got the letter from the Ministry, she thought something bad had happened to Alice.

I wouldn't blame her. Part of why my dad worries about me so much is because I can be reckless and he doesn't want to lose me like he lost my late uncle, Gunther Scamander.

_____

Everyone sat waiting until we were told to follow Harry again to a questioning room. We sat down in four seats opposite Harry, Hermione, and two aurors I didn't know. Harry handed a file to Hermione, who flipped through it before looking up at the four of us; her hands knit together in front of her.

"What proof do you kids have that you didn't take the mirror?"

"Aunt Hermione, we're kids."

"Lily." Harry said quietly as he shook his head. Lily sat back.

"I know you're kids, Lily. But half of the kids sitting in front of me call themselves, what was it?" she looked back and forth between me and Lily, "-Marauder's 2.0?"

I hung my head. I knew we should've called ourselves the Innocents. We'd be accused less often. But, no! Let Lily and Hugo, the childish leaders who don't know what they're doing, name our group! I sighed as I hung my head.

"Are you going to have us expelled?"

Harry smiled, "No, Lysander." I looked at him more direct, "We're going to have you find the mirror with a deadline." the four of us exchanged confused glances with each other, "Locate and return the mirror by the summer holidays or have excruciatingly difficult internships here this summer until school starts again."

I looked at the others, then back to the adults watching us expectingly. I nodded in response.

"We'll look. And we will find it."

The girls nodded in agreement. Harry smiled kindly and indicated to the door. We stood up and I opened the door. I watched the four adults conversating with themselves as Riley, Alice, and Lily exited the room and I followed them out.

I shut the door and Lily slapped me across the face. I held my cheek and nodded.

"Ok. Mind telling me what I did?"

"Have you lost your mind?! You told them we'd find the mirror! How are we supposed to do that without knowing where to start?" she expressed to me.

I stared down at her, "Hey, your dad rarely started his little adventures while knowing where to start." I started walking down the hall. The girls followed me, "Besides, I've got an idea."

"What could you possibly think was a good idea?" Lily said, clearly still upset, "You flung yourself from your broom on purpose!"

Riley ran to walk next to me, "That's actually a good idea!"

"What?" Alice asked.

I glanced back at her and Lily, "We're going to go talk to my nana."