4: Dorset

We headed down the hall, where our parents waited. I looked at my dad.

"We want to talk to nana."

He looked at me confused, "Do you think she can help you? Lysander. She's an-"

"Dad. I know she's old. You think I'm not aware of the fact that she's over a hundred?" I told him and added, "I'm not asking her to be with us the entire hunt, but I need her auror sense to get started."

My mum looked at my dad, "You take them to Dorset. I'll inform McGonagall that the children won't be returning right away."

"But Luna-" my dad started but my mum was already gone. He looked back to me, "Keep yourself together and don't ask too much of her."

I nodded, "I understand. But she's not Granny Saoirse."

My dad was silent again and held out his hand to me. I grabbed it and held on. I went beetroot when I felt Lily grabbed my other hand. Alice and Riley grabbed the remaining hands and Rolf disapparated.

We appeared in front of my nana and papa's house and walked up to the door. I reached out for the doorbell and let it ring. The door opened and my dad said half-heartedly,

"Surprise."

"Well, Rolf. We haven't seen you in a while." my nana smiled at me, "And Lysander." my ears turned pink. We walked into the house and sat down in various places, "What's with the unannounced visit, then? It's very out of the ordinary for you, Rolf."

"You know the saying, kids will be kids. How about adults will blame kids for being kids?" he told her.

She sighed, "What happened?"

"Something went missing and we were the only ones who knew where it was." I explained as I gestured to Riley, Lily, and Alice, "I wanted to ask if you had any advice on how to start searching for it."

Nana nodded. She looked at Rolf, "If you want, your papas in the basement. You can help him."

My dad smiled and left, heading down the basement. My nana sat down with me and the girls. She flicked her wand, and four mugs flew gently to rest on the table in front of us. She gestured from the mugs to us as if to say, for you.

I picked mine up when I saw it was her cocoa. She then looked at all of us individually before saying,

"To start with, do you have anything to go off?" she asked. We shook our heads in unison, "Hm. So, they really just threw you under the bus with this, huh?"

I nodded in subtle agreement. She nodded and stood back up, leaving us in the room to get something. I looked to the girls.

"I'm sure you know what she's getting, Riley."

Riley raised her eyebrows and nodded slightly, "It was kind of odd. It sounded like a book, but-"

Nana had returned. Sure enough, she was carrying a thick hard-covered book. She handed it to me. I had it, then it slipped from arms and landed harshly on my lap.

"Heavy." I commented.

"Oh, shut up, you big baby!" Lily said picking up the book, "It's not heavy, Lysander!"

I raised my eyebrow. I heard my nana laugh slightly before she sat down. She pointed at the book Lily was holding.

"Read the cover."

Lily looked down at it, "Tracking spells of the early 1900's."

Nana nodded. I realized what the book was, "This was a personal book of yours when you were an auror, wasn't it?"

Nana smiled, "There're many different things I owned because of my career. This was just one of them." she looked up at the clock, "It seems you don't need much more help for now. Hogwarts might seem like a good place to be at the moment." she looked back at us, "Don't you think?"

We nodded at each other and at that moment, my dad appeared at the top of the stairs. He held his wand in his hand. Me and the girls stood up. I gave my nana a hug and thanked her for her help. When walked over to my dad, I watched her say something very quietly to Lily. Lily looked over at me, smiled in response to my nana, and walked over to my dad.

When we were gathered around and ready, my dad disapparated. We appeared in Hogsmeade, right outside The Three Broomsticks. I said goodbye to my dad, and he left. Riley, Alice, Lily, and I back up to the school. Lily was walking a lot ahead of us.

I was infatuated with her hair blowing in the breeze, that I got really startled when I heard Riley say next to me,

"Why do you not want your nana to know I'm a Legilimens?"

I looked around at her, "What?"

"I read it before you rang to doorbell. You didn't want her to know I was a Legilimens."

I swallowed slightly and watched the ground, "My nana had a younger sister who was a Legilimens. She would've been my great-great-great aunt." I swallowed more at looked at Riley, "She joined Grindelwald's ranks and then died trying to break free."

I watched Riley as she looked to the dirt. She nodded in a way to show understanding.

"You were thinking of how she might feel."

I nodded. I looked up suddenly I heard Lily scream. She must've forgotten about the lake, because it was right in front of us, and Lily wasn't. I saw bubbles and I thought of nothing but Lily. She was in there.  I jumped into the water, holding my breath. I opened my eyes to look around. I saw Lily sinking down to the bottom. Something was tethering her from going up and pushed myself through the water.

I reached her when I noticed her wand was also sinking downwards. I pointed my wand at her bindings, then summoned her wand. After catching it in my grasp, I pointed it up. I knew I couldn't swim up with Lily in my arm. I'm not that strong of a swimmer, so instead, I shouted choking very much on water.

"Ascendio!"

We shout up and out of the water, landing on the shore. I lay Lily down gently next to me, coughing up excess water from my throat. Then, I stood and reached a hand down to help Lily up. She took and I pulled her up. She collapsed slightly into my chest and looked up at me. We locked eye contact. I was about to do something dumb when I helped her stand properly and handed her wand back to her.

"We should get back to the school."