12: The Fight

My body jerked down harshly as I squeezed tightly around Lily's wrist. We stared into our eyes for a little bit before I pulled her up. She threw her arms around me. She was shaking. I ran my hand through her hair soothingly.

"I thought I was going to die." Lily whispered.

Lysander sighed, "I didn't know if I would catch you in time."

Lily and I stood up and smiled. The ghost was angry. She flew at us, but I was faster. I pushed Lily out of the way and projected with everything I had.

"Protego!"

A shield formed in front of me and my friends. The ghost got frustrated, but the mirror started again.

"Lysander!" we heard, "Lysander!"

The ghost turned to it. The mirror was glowing brighter now.

"Lysander! Hurry up, Lysander!"

The ghost laughed, which was a sound I never wanted to hear in real life, "It's time. I can, at least, see my son again."

I lowered my shield, "You did all this so you could see Uncle Tony?"

The ghost sneered, "Not all that. But it would be nice."

The ghost flew for the mirror. I didn't think a lot through, but I did know one thing. That ghost could NOT come back to life. I ran forward and lunged my wand out in front of me. A bright rope-type light stretched itself out and it wrapped at the ghost's waist, but it wasn't holding her very well.

Suddenly, another rope manifested around the ghost. Riley stood beside me. Pretty soon, Lorcan was standing next to me, holding the ghost back too.

She screamed some kind of siren scream, which made stalactites crashes to the ground. Riley, Lorcan, and I couldn't concentrate. We had to cover our ears. Thankful Nibbles burst out in front of the ghost and let loose the most intimidating sound he could muster.

It was enough to push the ghost back in confusion, but not enough to complete knock her off course. There was only one option then.

"We have to destroy the mirror!" I told everyone.

"What?!" they all screamed in unison.

"You heard me! She can't get to the mirror! We must destroy it!"

I ran forward and dodged falling stalactites, stumbling over some rocks sticking up out of the ground. I motioned for the others to climb up onto the ledges and wait for my signal. Then, I picked up a rock and threw at just the right angle to hit the mirror and get the ghost's attention.

She turned around at me and snarled. My friends knew what I was doing and raised their wands. I already had mine aloft, pointing at the ghost. She laughed.

"You can't destroy me with a spell!"

I smiled mischievously, "I wasn't planning on it."

I snapped my fingers and shouted-

"Bombarda!"

The others followed my example. The spells shot directly through the ghost, colliding with the mirror. The mirror exploded in thousands of pieces. The ghost's eyes went wide. She narrowed her eyes at me and flew forward at me quickly.

Taking me around the neck, she dragged me.

"It was my time to come back!" she screamed, "Do you know what you've done?!"

I, oddly, choked through my next words, "I've saved the world."

The ghost snarled and tossed me into the pit. I fell.

"Lysander!!!" I heard from above me.

I reached out my wand and pointed it at the ghost. It pulled her into a pull and dragged her quickly down. When she hit the acid, it burnt her right. I sighed with relief. Before hitting the bottom, I stared into the eyes of Lily.

"I love you!!!" she screamed. I saw tears dripping uncontrollably from her eyes.

I couldn't help but start to cry, too, "I love you, too!"

I hit the bottom and felt the burn of the acid rush through my body, releasing a scream from my throat.

My eyes closed to blackness.