The Invisible Red Thread: Invidia Pt. 2

You stared into your reflection with an empty mind as your heart sank heavier by the encounter that passed. Upon leaning in to kiss him, Jungkook pulled away. He seemed equally distraught by the rash decision. One moment you flirted and the next, he didn't want to partake in it. You gulped once you caught your gaze. A light snicker coated in weak whimper evaded when you spotted the mascara under your eyes.
The cold water from the sink continued to run as you attempted to remove the stain that represented the tears you shed. You rubbed the towel under your eyes as your vision began to blur once more. Breathe, in and out. Embarrassment wasn't the right word to use nor was guilt but absolute devastation. It neared closer to what you felt and made itself known once you dared to look at your reflection. Jungkook's teasing comment roamed your mind as you furiously rubbed the sensitive skin that reddened by the continuous touch. Pathetic... You agreed.

In a dazed and weak moment of epiphany, you allowed yourself to take action on something you didn't think through. A part of you wanted to blame Hyolyn and her reckless influence but she didn't aim a gun at your head. You inserted yourself into his new life, waltzed in as if you owned any rights to it, and demanded he showed you the time of day when you'd done virtually the opposite. Hypocrite, a pathetic hypocrite. If the roles were reversed then there would be no way in hell Jungkook would bang on your door in the middle of the night, embarrass himself and you in the process, and insult someone you were committed to.
No doubt if Seokjin was around he'd say what you displayed earlier was nothing short of blatant disrespect and selfishness, and you'd have to agree. You giggled through the tears that fell down your cheeks as you managed to make the darkened smudge larger by dragging it downward. With the towel under the running water again, you tried to remove the remaining makeup once more before you called quits.

You flicked the bathroom lights off and pulled Jungkook's t-shirt to your face and sniffed the smell of his preferred laundry detergent. The heavenly scent of fresh citrus eased your heart as you made your way down the hall, but you stopped the lingering romantic thoughts from breaking your heart further when you saw him pull sheets from the closet with a pillow under his arm. He ignored your presence and you shifted awkwardly when the rejection from earlier pierced the sharp needle deeper in your heart. What did you expect? He said he had a girlfriend and he chased after her too. It was clear she was the one he wanted and the pain of it shattered your heart.
"I changed the sheets." He murmured while closing the closet door with his barefoot, "You can sleep here. I'll take the couch."

"Oh... Um..."
You gulped as you stared out at the dimly lit bedroom that looked like a replica of his old place; dark wallpaper, black silk sheets, and a grey carpet. If you didn't know any better you'd swear you returned to the past, back to two and a half years ago. Except it wasn't.
"Um... Well I--"

"What?"

"Well... I just thought--"

"You just thought what?"

"I... um..."

He caught your perplexed expression and interrupted with a shrug, "What is it? What's wrong?"

"I just thought that, um... That... You know..." You stuttered as you gestured out. Unable to comprehend what you mumbled, he shot you a bewildered gaze to which you clarified, "That... You know... we'd be sleeping together."

"What gave you that idea?"

"No, as in... sharing the bed. Not sleep-sleeping together."

"Oh..."

"I don't know... I just thought since we're both here and... I don't know, I just thought maybe--"