Ch 8 - The Dark Mark

When they finally reached the tents, nobody felt like sleeping at all, and given the level of noise around them, Mr. Weasley agreed that they could all have one last cup of cocoa together before turning in.

They were soon arguing enjoyably about the match; Mr. Weasley got drawn into a disagreement about cobbing with Charlie, and it was only when Ginny fell asleep right at the tiny table and spilled hot chocolate all over the floor that Mr. Weasley called a halt to the verbal replays and insisted that everyone go to bed.

The girls went to the other tent. Adelaide didn't bother changing.

 As she watched Hermione and Ginny sleepily pull their nightgowns over their heads, the feeling of dread came back, her head hurt like a bitch, and as she looked at Hermione she couldn't believe her eyes. Hermione looked older; much older, starved, tortured and she had the word mudblood engraved in her hand. Adelaide felt that she was going mad, she shook her head to clear her mind and when she looked again at Hermione she was back to her fourteen-year-old self.

Adelaide took a seat and thought about whatever was going on with her. First, the shit Ace told her and now these freaky visions that happened thrice in a very short period.

She still needed to unravel the clue Ace gave her but she sort of had an idea about these visions.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" Hermione asked noticing her staring into space.

"In a bit," Adelaide said, coming out of her stupor.

An hour later, Mr. Weasley rushed into the tent.

"Grab a jacket--come on--Ginny, Hermione," he said hurriedly, as he shook them awake roughly.

Adelaide ran out with Hermione and Ginny who were now in their nightgowns, with a jacket on their shoulders.

By the light of the few fires that were still burning, she could see people running away into the woods, fleeing something that was moving across the field toward them, something that was emitting odd flashes of light and noises like gunfire. Loud jeering, roars of laughter, and drunken yells were drifting toward them; then came a burst of strong green light, which illuminated the scene.

A crowd of wizards, tightly packed and moving together with wands pointing straight upward, was marching slowly across the field. Death Eaters were making the Roberts family spin around in the air.

It looked exactly like the vision she had

Adelaide looked around and noticed that she was alone. She had broken off from the others. Pulling out her wand, she ran towards the forest.

Stumbling and trying not to trip over stray tree roots, Adelaide made her way into the woods. She had to find Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Where could they be? They were supposed to be in the woods too. But where exactly?

"Ouch!" Adelaide exclaimed as she bumped into something, or rather someone. The other person, a male, groaned.

"Sorry,"

"Watch it!" they said together.

"Malfoy?"

"Gracia?"

"Oh! Lumos," Adelaide's wand light shown on the twigs, leaves, the large roots, and the platinum blond hair of Malfoy. He had his infamous sneer on and his grey eyes were glaring at her.

Adelaide sighed and got up, dusting her pants. Of course, she would run into this idiot. Why couldn't she run into someone tolerable like Cedric? Why was her luck so damn terrible?

Run into Cedric? Adelaide questioned herself horrified, where these thoughts were coming from.

She heard Malfoy get up, crunching leaves and twigs beneath his feet.