Ch 24- Skeeter

"ADELAIDE! WAKE UP! COME ON" Hermione called, shaking Adelaide awake.

"Huh?" Adelaide asked blinking sleepily as she sat up

"Really! You need to wake up. You'll be late," Hermione said

"I'm up! I'm up...I'm...up...Up..." Adelaide said trailing off, and poof she was under the covers again.

Hermione sighed exasperatedly.

"Adelaide! Come on! Wake Up!" Hermione yelled, pulling the sheets away.

"Noooooo!" Adelaide cried as she felt the sheets leave her.

"How could you, Hermione? How could you?" Adelaide grumbled sleepily, as she was pushed out of bed by Hermione. "It should be a criminal act, I tell you. No one should dare to snatch the covers from someone when they are sleeping. It is a crime! I'll sue you; I tell you. I will sue you!"

Hermione shook her head at her best friend's antics.   

                                                 ☆           ♥           ☆

"What happened? You are usually up early," Hermione said as Adelaide pulled her robes on, who was now fully awake and more like herself.

"I don't know, Hermione," Adelaide said.

"I'm so tired, Mione. I'm soooo tired~ I'm so worried, Mione. I'm soooo worried~" Adelaide sang gloomily.

                                                 ☆           ♥           ☆               

As they entered the Great Hall, there was a lot whispering and weird glances as the went over to the Gryffindor common room.

"Hermione, is it just me or are people staring at us?" Adelaide asked.

"It's not just you," Hermione said. "I'ts really uncomfortable" she confided.

"What's up?" Adelaide asked as she sat beside Harry, who was totally sulking.

"How did the wand weighing go, Harry?" Hermione asked.

Harry groaned in reply.

"Terrible, I see," Adelaide said, helping her self to pumpkin juice.

"Harry, do you know why they're all staring?" Hermione asked, looking around tentatively.

"Er...well...just something in the paper," Harry said trying to wave it aside

"Paper?" Hermione asked. "The Daily Prophet?"

"Wait!" Adelaide said looking up sharply.

"No way! Neville, can I borrow your Daily Prophet for a bit?" Adelaide asked Neville, who nodded and passed her the Daily Prophet while looking extremely awkward.

"What did that Skeeter woman write now?" Adelaide said as she straightened out the folded paper.

"How did you know it was Rita Skeeter?" Harry asked.

"Who else would write such utter bullshit?" Adelaide said as her eyes scanned the page.

"Harry, since when were you twelve?" Hermione who was reading over Adelaide's shoulder said.

Harry sighed.

"She spelled Krum and Delacour's names wrong" Hermione pointed out.

"Get your facts straight, woman!" Adelaide yelled at the paper. "Cedric isn't even mentioned." she continued