Three - Chubi's Privacy

"Are we going to the fresher's party?" Chubi threw out of the blue and Fade paused her food midway to look at him

"Are we going to the fresher's party?" Chubi threw out of the blue and Fade paused her food midway to look at him. She barely attended parties at home ever since she did the cutting-off thing but this was new. This was the freaking university and she had the freedom to attend or not.

"Of course now. Me I want to go and shedibalabala" IBK replied with excitement before talking another spoon of the rice. They were in Chubi's apartment. He lived off-campus now after he moved out because his roommate snores and he gave out his bed space for free on the class group chat.

"Which Idi abeg?" Chubi asked amidst laughter and everyone except IBK laughed. It was already a thing between she and Chubi, the rest always watched with interest. IBK and Chubi were always serving it as e dey hot and sharing gbas gbos all over the place. Fade lowkey hoped IBK didn't ignore him this time and actually give him the great comeback.

"Leeemaaaaaoooo, You're asking me where the idi is? I mean your babe's back is rhyming with her ass. All flat like ironing table. Abeggiii. Do you even know how ass feels?" IBK asked and Fade dropped her food to laugh properly. Chubi chuckled too but it was obvious the words went home. Fade shouldn't have laughed but she hated the babe too.

"Ibukun, small play. You've thrown me and my crush inside the mud. How many times will I tell you that I've not told her I like her sef?" Chubi replied and the rest continued to laugh.

You know in every department, there's always this girl that the majority of everyone dislikes. Acting like she's above everyone and only speaks to intelligent or rich people.

Sope was that girl and too bad for them, Chubi has a massive crush on her. She ignores everyone else in the clique and she talks to only Chubi. Maybe because he has a car or his dad has mad connections inside Crownsfield. She literally ignores the rest of them like they don't exist.

"I don't like the girl for one bit" Suzy added and everyone else agreed with her. Fade hated her since the day she tried to greet her and she just waved her off before turning to Chubi. It was so painful because the whole class's attention was on them, Sope commanded attention anywhere she went to.

Someone knocked on the door and they all looked at each other to see who would go and open the door. Crownsfield light was disconnected last week because they owed close to thirty million Naira that the school management isn't willing to pay. They only have light for two hours every day and Chubi's generator is on. It's likely that the neighbors are knocking so they could charge in his flat.

"Make person go open the door now, why una Dey look me?" IBK asked and everyone went back to eating, no one wanted to stand up. Fade started laughing at the whole situation and she made up her mind not to stand up too. Whoever it is can go back to their house. Chubi's phone started ringing and he stood up to go to the door. They all exchanged a look, he was expecting a visitor and he didn't tell them. Strange!

"Welcome to my humble abode," he said after opening the door and the girls stayed calm to see who would come in after her. Sope walked in and she was looking at the whole apartment in a scrutinizing manner, the rest of the girls groaned except IBK. Chubi stared at them apologetically and IBK stopped eating her food before walking to the kitchen and she dropped her plate.

Sope didn't acknowledge any of them and Chubi tried to start a conversation but she kept on replying monotonously. She set up her laptop and she connected her headset before she continued typing on her laptop. Apparently, she came to charge too and she couldn't even greet them. She picked up her phone abruptly and she checked something before searching her bag furiously. She sighed when she figured out what she was looking for wasn't in her bag.

"Chubi, please do you have a Type-C charger, my phone is on three percent and I didn't bring my own charger. I don't want my phone to die." She asked and Chubi sighed before turning to look at IBK who was pressing her phone animatedly. IBK was the only one who used a Type-C charger among them, she uses a Samsung and everyone else uses iPhone.

"I don't have but IBK uses a Samsung too. IBK, please borrow Sope your charger. Shey your phone is full already." Chubi asked and IBK scoffed. Fade prayed vehemently that IBK doesn't borrow her because the girl is mad for not even saying hi. IBK didn't disappoint because she took her eyes off her phone and she looked at both Chubi and Sope in an irritating manner.

"I'm not giving Mosope my charger. Why she no ask me herself? Her daddy didn't buy her charger ni abi we are ants that she couldn't see when she entered. Abegii, make nobody even vex me this afternoon, Rubbish." IBK replied and Fade almost pumped her fist in excitement. This was the violence she signed up for.

"Excuse me, why would you bring my daddy into this? IBK or whatever is your name, don't step on my toes." She replied and IBK burst into laughter before mimicking her words. Sope looked like she wanted to throw something at IBK but she doesn't know how strong she is.

"You heard me right mumu. And I will call your daddy whenever I feel like it. You can't do shishi about it." IBK replied without battling an eyelid and Sope readjusted her glasses and she packed her things back without saying another word to IBK. She kept on muttering to herself and she picked her bag before walking out with Chubi who literally ran after her.

"My phone don full and Fade power bank don enter 100% too. My own don full since morning. Make we dey go house abeg." Suzy said and everyone stood up at her words. The whole place was turning awkward real fast and they packed their things in hurry before Chubi returned.

Chubi met them at the door and he groaned. IBK walked past him as if she couldn't see him standing, he tried to take her hand but she snatched it away from her. He followed them outside and Suzy ordered a ride from bolt.

"So you guys won't let me drop you off too. How did everything stew so fast like this?" He asked in exasperation. Suzy scoffed like she was holding back and she walked towards the gate before she turned back to face Chubi.

"No matter, how much you like a person. If you don't respect us enough for the person to see, Don't act surprised when the person actually treats us like scraps. If you ever see my legs, here again, cut them off Chubi. I would never let your supposed crush treat me like I'm less of a human. I'm not even forcing the friendship again because I don't want enemies in the department. Thank you for the short friendship and girls, our ride is here". Suzy said with an air of finality and everyone walked towards the waiting ride leaving Chubi staring with a sad look on his face.

Over to you guys, Do you think Chubi is at fault here?

also, do you think Suzy said too much or IBK overreacted?

Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Thank you for the 200+ reads, Love ya!

Hera.