Eight - of ruined friendships

Dedicated to davido_J 🥺🥺

Fadekemi watched the way IBK's facial expression changed from confusion to shock then gradually anger. She wasn't expecting anything lesser though and she knew her friend would be hurt. She was probably never going to talk to Chubi about it anymore but she owed her friend the decency. Kate thinks she's crazy for wanting to speak to IBK about it.

"Wait, you kissed Chubi?" IBK asked as if all Fade spent the last fifteen minutes explaining wasn't entering her head and Fade shook her head, this was exactly what she was trying to avoid. She didn't want her side of the story to be twisted to fit any narrative, now she was seeing sense in Kate's idea. She should have just kept shut, this wasn't secondary school. She didn't want to keep any secrets from her friend because she'd be hurt too if it was her but IBK was acting unreasonable at the moment.

"He kissed me not the other way round and it stopped almost immediately" Fade replied, knowing the immediate part was a lie. The first ten seconds of the kiss was her trying to figure out whatever madness was going on and the remaining part of the kiss was her satisfying her curiosity. She shouldn't have let him for further, something feels like she has planted some sort of little hope in him.

"He kissed you, you kissed him. Is it not the same? What difference is that going to make? Una shaa jam lips. No qualms now," IBK replied before picking up her phone and she walked out of the room leaving Suzan and Fade watching her disappearing figure. Fade didn't miss the glimmer of tears in her eyes and she sighed, this was what she hated. Guilt would probably kill her before morning.

"You for no tell am shaa, I know you want to feel good and not be the bad person. E still no make sense, I wish you told me this was what you wanted to say, I for discourage you. Free am, she will get over it. Atleast you respected you guys friendship by telling her and she doesn't have any right to anger, she and Chubi no Dey date." Suzy added before walking off in direction of the door too. Fade sighed and she kind of agreed with Suzy, na she fuck up.

She walked back to her bed space, it was almost time for her first lesson with Demilade and he asked her to come to his apartment. Same apartment he had multiple rules for, rubbish. She proceeded to the bathroom to shower and change her outfit. Even though she won't put more effort into looking good for after school tutorial.

__________

Walking down the stairs, she saw IBK standing at the corner with a a set of girls from another room hounded around her, as soon as they saw her. Their attention shifted to her and Fade almost fell from the intensity of their glares. This was rubbish but she kept on going though, she didn't have time for them nor IBK's petty reaction over a boy she wasn't dating.

She got into her waiting ride and she caught a glimpse of Chubi's car in the parking lot and she shook her head. This boy doesn't learn. She pulled out her phone and she sent a quick text to her sister, updating her about how the whole confession thing went. Of course, Kate reminded her about warning her not to do it. She sighed, she really thought IBK was a matured person, she didn't know she was dealing with a child in an adult's body.

She came down in front of his lodge and she sighed. She wasn't expecting any good reaction from him today, considering how most of his conversations were with dad and they left her out. She didn't have any choice, she was the one who failed a major examination.

Walking into the gate, she met Stephanie Oh and Tolu Fadeyi by the door, there was really no escaping them. She tried to pretend as if she didn't see them but Stephanie being Stephanie would always run after you. Tolu Fadeyi called her name first and Fade smiled, Stephanie was gradually initiating Tolu into the energetic cult.

She wondered how Mitchell was doing now or if she was in Crownsfield too, or she had travelled out like Katerine and Femi Martins. When she and Demi broke up, they kind of went apart too. Mitchell reached out to her to clear the air but Fade assured her she wasn't keeping any grudges and this was growth. Growth her foot.

She turned towards where the duo was standing and she was already tired in advance. There's no way she would have the same energy they use to hang out with back in those days. She had ruined it with her supposed growth phase and now she was starting to blame herself for everything. She reacted the same way every teenager would have reacted in her position.

"I've been expecting you. I was going to bring your things to your dorm but I don't know where it is. Kate can't remember too so we just had to wait till you show up. Don't mind Demilade, he's always acting like a woman on her period. He's still very much hurt and I hope you guys figure things out." Katerina said whispering the last part and Fade sighed. Everyone kept on insisting he was still hurt, how about her?

She was very much hurt too and him being hurt didn't justify flinging a frame she did for him in her direction. What if it had hit her squarely in the head? Two years was enough to let go of any bitterness and apparently Demi didn't know that. It was a very irritating thing to do as an adult. He was older and yet he was the childish one.

"I don't care if he's bleeding red or orange, I just want my stuffs sent back to my sister. I don't want them anymore, I already told Katerina. Unless she's giving them to you, don't hold them for me." She replied and Stephanie sighed. She was dealing with two stubborn goats and they would end up hurting themselves so bad.

"You weren't this angry last time, what happened?" Stephanie sighed and Fade rolled her eyes before narrating her ordeal and Stephanie flew up in anger, she was going to talk sense into her cousin's head. Despite how many times she begged him not to be a douche. He did exactly the opposite of what she told him. Fade tried to hide her smile as Stephanie pulled her along to the Devil's room. Someone was getting an earful very soon.