Nine - Chef Demi

"I'm sorry about the last time and I apologize for being a douche. I shouldn't have flung the frame and I shouldn't have let me anger get the best of me." Demi apologized again even after Stephanie left.

"There's no need to apologize again, plus it's just a frame. Nothing special" she replied making sure to put emphasis on the nothing special part. She was lying through her teeth because the frame was very special.

"Alright then, I'm still sorry it could have hurt you or something" he added again.

Fade thought it was unnecessary, he was trying to prove that it wasn't Stephanie would made him apologize. She nodded before smiling at him tight lipped.

She didn't want to be on good terms with him. She didn't trust herself not to fall shamelessly again and maybe do something that would ruin them in the long run. Since that's all she enjoyed doing.

She just wanted him to help her pass and they go their separate ways. She wasn't trying to rekindle whatever it was they had in the past. That was gone and should never be revisited again.

She spread out her textbooks on the table and she sat on the floor, it was comfortable and the rug encased her legs. She wasn't try to get too casual with him, her brain barely listened to her warning and she would probably be hovering around him before the semester was over. That was exactly what she trying to avoid. Being an unnecessary fan girl.

She wanted to ask him about his music career and why he stopped singing again but it wasn't her place. They weren't friends anymore, she shouldn't ask him personal questions. 

Her stuffs were at the corner of the room and Demi had repack them. Something he was supposed to do earlier but he didn't do it. Kate sent her a wiggly emoji text and Fade wasn't even going to open it. Kate needed to stop playing Cupid. She would just get Fade screwed over. It was very obvious and Kate knew it too.

___________

Fade's stomach rumbled again. This time loudly and she blinked back the shyness. She was getting hungry and she wanted Demi to finish up the last topic he was explaining so she go back to her hostel.

Maybe Susan would have made dinner but she knew IBK wouldn't do shit and she still felt bad for telling her. Maybe she should have kept her mouth shut like Kate advised but knowing herself, the guilt would have killed her.

"Let me cook spaghetti for north of us, I was starting to get hungry too." Demi offered and Fade shook her head. She was an adult now and she knew letting him cook for her would be overstepping the boundaries she created in her head.

"Nah, don't bother. I'm not that hungry plus we will soon be done anyways. There's no need to stress yourself." She added quickly and he shook his head with a smile.

"You know I'm not going to poison you though and I'm just offering cause I'm hungry too. It's just spaghetti Fadekemi, not a marriage proposal." He replied laughing loudly and Fadekemi tried to hide her smile.

It might as well be a proposal now.

She finally succumbed and they closed reading while Demi got ready to make food and Fade reached for her phone. She wanted to see if IBK left her a message or something but none was there.
She guessed the other girl was still very mad at her then. The kiss wasn't even her fault to begin with.

Fade took another spoon of the spaghetti Demi made and she had to admit that it was very sweet. She wasn't going to tell him that though, he deserved to suffer. His apology wouldn't magically fix the things he ruined with his mouth. She wondered when he got temperamental like that.

He was always the calm one since she knew him, the reasonable one and the one who magically made things better. Unlike her, she knew exactly how to make everything go downhill.

"Do you like it?" He asked beaming with pride and she scoffed. She took another spoonful and she swallowed before grabbing the water in front of her. Demi watched her keenly and fade wasn't going to give him the satisfaction that she enjoyed the spaghetti.

"You can try to pretend all you want but I make the best spaghettis in this lodge. Ask anybody and they would kill to get a plate." He added and Fade spat out her water soiling the floor and the front of her shirt. Demi rolled his eyes at her before getting a mop. She wasn't intending to do that but his brag got her. Best kini?

She took another sip of her water and she noticed the way Demi was fighting to tear his eyes away from her soiled shirt. She looked down and her white shirt was now sticking to her breasts and the curve of her mounds were so visible. The top was a tissue top and as soon as water touched it, it gave away everything hidden under. Fade found it hot the way he was trying to avoid staring at her boobs. The responsible Demi was back again.

"Hol up, let me get you one of my hoodies" He said after noticing how uncomfortable she was getting. He dropped the mop before disappearing into his room and he reappeared with one of his hoodies. She threw it on almost immediately and the conversation shifted naturally to something else, it looked like they had been friends for long and the big fight didn't happen. Part of her wished this was what had happened and she hadn't chose to be selfish then. Too bad she can't turn back the hands of time.

______

It's been two years since I last updated and sorry doesn't even cut it. I want to promise to update at least once a week but adulting is kicking my ass like mad.

The entire year has been really overwhelming for me and I see your comments and messages too. Thank you for giving my book a chance. I do not take it for granted.

Every little vote and comments make my day. I might not reply to them but they are the little stars on the dark path home.
Thank you for sticking till this point and I'm not promising to update daily but I promise to send out two chapters every weekend if we reach a quota.

Leave a comment, let me hear your thoughts. Who knows you might get another chapter before weekend🌚🧎🏾‍♀️

All my love,
Olajumoke Hera. ❤️