Seven - Chaperone plan Renewed

Fade stared at the sheets again and she doubted if it was hers. But her name staring back at confirmed her worst nightmare, she just failed her first test in Crownsfield and they were going to invite dad. Everyone was going to be asking her why she didn't face her book or why she didn't study extra hard. As if it was that easy to do. She used to be a maths guru, even the only person that gained admission into Elite League with distinctions out of almost a thousand students. She wondered if she left her brain at home or something. Because this can't be the same brain she used to pass jamb early this year.

She could have done better yunno, she could have added more than enough effort to it. She could have tried harder, she could have called dad immediately after the test maybe it won't come as a shock to her. Tears rolled down her face because she didn't imagine how disappointed he would be in her. He trusted her to make him proud and he put her in one of the best private universities in the world.

She blew air through her mouth in exasperation and she paraded her room. She was waiting to be summoned to the admission office because she's a new student and performing that low for a medical student wasn't tolerated. Sister Pelumi said she would be warned and placed on probation then she will have to pass her other tests very high. She wanted to run mad and she stared at the script again. eighteen over hundred, the rest had like seventy and eighty. She was even expecting like ninety-something but they carried her on handicap.

She waited outside knowing her fate was in God's hands right now and anything else meant that she could either see hell. She didn't know how to react and no matter what she did, fear was thumping all of her feelings. She had no idea how daddy would react, for a fact he would be disappointed. Who wouldn't be?

A daughter who topped the list effortlessly and now, her first test in the university. She failed it woefully. She wanted to cry so bad. She stopped breathing when she heard daddy stepping out of the advisor's office and they were talking casually like friends but not about her. Her fear intensified. Now she was going to be watched about like a bat.

"Queen, how are you?" Daddy asked and Fade smiled. She didn't know how to react and she just nodded. Her words couldn't form instead she stepped into his open arms. He hugged her lightly before rubbing her forehead.

"You're not at fault here, the whole university environment is new to you and you'd soon get used to it. I've even contacted this boy to be helping me teach you, you're both in the same department." Daddy continued trying to remember the supposed boy's name and Fade's heart started beating fast. She knew the boy he was talking about and she really hoped it wasn't Demilade.

"Ermmm, this Katherine's friend. The one that sings before. Remind me of his name now" He said and Fade's heart sank before she corrected him and told him his name. She was in a deeper shit now and there's no coming out of this one. She caused it, she should have just studied harder and not relied on her brain. She should have known the course would have been harder than she imagined. She didn't have a choice now.

"Here he comes, I called him to meet us here. He's very polite shaa, he's grown oh. Have you seen him since you resumed?" Daddy asked and Fade turned slowly to see Demi coming towards them, she wasn't looking her best now and remembering how he reacted during their first meeting made her hiss silently. Very stupid thing.

"Good afternoon sir" he greeted and daddy slapped his back before shaking his hands. It was obvious that he was excited to see him and she rolled her eyes. He turned to look at her before sizing her with his eyes and he muttered something that looked like a greeting.

————-

Fade stabbed her chicken in anger and she hated the way Daddy and Demi were getting along so well. She was irritated and she hated the way they were both acting like best friends. Now she had to go over to Demi's house every weekend for her extra lessons and she had to show him her test scripts every time. It looked like she was having a school father all over again. She wasn't comfortable with all of this, she was scared that she would fall for him all over again.

IBK's message came in, asking her how she was and what her dad's reaction was. Guilt attacked her and she wondered how IBK would react if she heard she let Chubi kiss her. After that kiss, everything went downhill with them and they barely talk again. Even the girls noticed and they asked both of them, they denied anything going on. She noticed the way IBK was feeling scared of Fade having anything to do with Chubi. Maybe she would tell her tonight and get it over with. Keeping it with her keeps eating her up each time IBK does something nice for her. She feels like the bad friend. She would tell her tonight and whatever happens to their friendship is left to her.

Hello from under the rock 😭😭
Happy Eid, beautiful humans.❤️✨

Please vote and comment in Jesus name, Thank you.❤️