Prologue

"... has reported that the hybrid responsible of several violent crimes including mass shooting, rioting, inciting riots, and terroristic threats, also known as Seokjin, was found dead in his prison cell, three days after his court hearing in which he was sentenced to death. The police has confirmed the cause of death, suicide by hanging. The court ruledㅡ"

I flip the channel.

"... charged with acts of terrorismㅡ"

Switch.

"... the prison genocide still remains to this day one of the biggestㅡ"

Switch.

"... scheme against the government from the very beginningㅡ"

Switch.

"... the suicide of the hybrid who terrorisedㅡ"

I turn the TV off.

Sitting in silence, I avert my gaze to the window. The snow is getting heavier, and the weather forecast predicts a snowstorm coming.

It has been a month since the first snow. The concentration camps are no more. Sarang went back to Namjoon, although heavily injured. Jimin has been smiling more. Yoongi doesn't need the crutches anymore.

Seokjin is dead.

And Taehyung...

My thoughts linger over the name. I haven't seen him since he helped me out of the prison and drove me to Namjoon's place. I have no idea where he is, what he's doing, if he's eating well. Yoongi had told me about how he and Taehyung had planned to save me and that they trust each other, but he doesn't know his whereabouts.

The doorbell rings and I flinch as my thoughts are cut off. Expecting Jimin, or maybe even Yoongi, I head to the door and open it before freezing in place.

Taehyung stands in front of me, his hair and shoulders covered in white snow. His nose is red, possibly from the cold, and he's wearing a gray scarf that belongs to Yoongi.

He has a plastic bag in his hand with two ice cream tubs in it.

He gives me a small awkward smile. "Hi."

---

A/N: Hello hello hello and welcome to the third and final book of the Code series

In this book, I've decided that's enough breaking your hearts, so you can expect some fluff, romance and all the cute stuff I deprived you from in the previous book. However, it isn't a riseofsuga book unless it has some sad shit and drama, so you can expect that too.

Enjoy!