Ch12: Drunk Confessions

I look for Taehyung first thing once I get home from work, and like usual, I don't find him. He must be looking for a job again, I think to myself as I head to the kitchen to grab something to eat. Feeling an itch in my throat, I try to cough it out but to no avail.

The door opens and Taehyung walks in with a small smile on his face, humming to himself.

"Someone's in a good mood," I say as I open the fridge, looking inside it aimlessly, "I have good news, by the way."

"So do I," He says, resting his elbows on the counter and leaning forward, "Ladies first."

"Wow, gentleman," I snicker, closing the fridge and turning to him, "I submitted the research. Namjoon said it would help with the code laws revision trials."

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "What research?"

"You?" I say, putting my arms up in the air, "The reason why I took you in in the first place?"

"Ah," He pauses, "Anyway, my turn."

I lean on the counter from the other side so that I'm facing him. He stares blankly at my face for a few seconds before smiling softly and I feel my heart skip a beat.

"I found a job," He states calmly, "It's part-time, but stillㅡ"

"Are you serious!? That's great!" I turn around the counter and wrap my arms around his neck. "We should celebrate!"

"Yeah," He mutters slowly, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

I bury my face in the crook of his neck and shut my eyes close. How the hell does he smell so good? I feel his arms tighten around me, and for a second I wish he would never let me go. Do I still only like him or is it more than that? Does he have any idea?

I try to break off the hug, but he doesn't let go.

"No," He whispers softly, "Just a little more."

I hug him back, and we stay like this for a while longer. My throat itches again, and I can't hold back the cough that escapes my mouth.

Taehyung pulls back, looking at me with concern. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just need something warm to drink."

The doorbell rings, and we both automatically turn our heads to the door. I head to the door to open it, and I find Yoongi standing with two packs of beer in his hand.

He stares me dead in the eye. "Do I have to invite myself over to your place everytime so that we can drink together?"

"I have work tomorrowㅡ" I stop talking when Yoongi passes by me and walks inside as if he owns the place, and I realise there's no way out of it now.

"Hey." Yoongi nods at Taehyung before sitting on the couch and settling the bottles on the coffee table. "I don't like drinking on an empty stomach."

"Okay?" I close the apartment door and walk to Yoongi, standing in front of him with my arms crossed.

Yoongi scoffs. "You won't order some food? It's basic hospitality to feed your guests."

Taehyung chuckles, watching us from the kitchen. I roll my eyes and take my phone out.

---

"FUCK CAPITALISM!" Yoongi yells, loudly putting down his fifth beer bottle.

"You drank too much," I say, grabbing the bottle from him as his head leans back, passing out for the third time on the couch tonight.

Taehyung and I sit on the floor side by side, and I sigh at the sight of the coffee table littered with beer bottles, plates and empty take-out boxes. I grab the half empty bottle of water and take a sip, but my throat still feels dry since the morning.

"He's funny when he's drunk," Taehyung giggles.

I turn my head to him. "You're drunk, too. And you've only had two beers."

"This is my," He pauses, staring at space with dazed eyes, "It's my secondㅡ no, third. Third. It's my third time getting drunk."

"Obviously." I set the bottle down on the table.

"You're drunk, too," He slurs his words, pointing at me.

"I'm not," I say, grabbing his finger, "I only had one, and I don't want any more."

"Why?"

"I don't feel well. I'll throw up on you if I have any more."

"I don't mind," He says.

I furrow my eyebrows. "You won't be disgusted?"

"No," He shakes his head, his eyes locked with mine.

"Why not?"

"Because I like you," He mumbles, leaning closer.

I stare at him for a few seconds, studying his blushed face and hazy eyes. "You do?"

He nods with a hum before leaning his head on my shoulder. I ponder over his words for a minute, feeling my heart beating faster. I smile to myself as I lean my head on his.

"I like you, too, Taehyung," I say, "So much."

He doesn't say anything, so I crank my neck to look at him. His eyes are closed, his mouth slightly open, so I let him be. 

"Ew."

I turn my head to Yoongi who apparently woke up again and is now staring at me with disgust.

"Ew," He repeats, "Drunk confessions."

"Shut up."