ten>

[warnings: i'm very sleepy and sick, this may not make sense, only three hours of sleep last night to add to my total of seven this week, SOMEWHAT TRIGGERING IN ONE SPOT, i'm in love with this story if you haven't noticed, VERY MUCH LOVE TRIANGLE, wow, i love love triangles, let's do this poo, texting at the end idk if i like that writing style]

[ships: luke hemmings + michael clifford, luke hemmings + ashton irwin]

"Do you need anything?" Michael asked, shrugging on his jacket. "I can pick up something from the store for you, or get something on my way back..?"

Luke shook his head, but the slight purr of his stomach told otherwise. Michael smiled a bit and kissed the boy's head.

"I'll get you a plain muffin. Muffin' else."

Michael seemed to find his own joke funny, but Luke was mainly focussed on the fact that Michael was going to make him eat, too. Just like everyone else who 'cared'.

Most people only 'cared' about Luke until it got too difficult.

Luke looked expectantly up at Michael, pursing his lips a little.

Michael understood after a moment and leaned down to press a lingering kiss to Luke's awaiting lips.

The older boy pulled away slowly and looked into Luke's glassy, grey-blue eyes.

"You'll be gone for a while," Luke mumbled shyly.

Michael sighed, shrugging. "I gotta work, Lukey. I'll be back before you know it."

Luke's hair was ruffled under Michael's palm and the blonde boy let out a giggle, smiling and nodding.

"Okay. I'll see you after work, Michael."

Michael left the room, zipping up his jacket as he went.

Luke sat back in his bed and frowned when he heard arguing outside his door. He slid his thin, bare legs out from under the rough hospital blankets and tip-toed to the door, peeking out through the windows on the sides.

"What were you doing in there?" Asked Ashton, pointing towards Luke's door.

"Just checking up on him," Michael said calmly. "I was worried after what had happened in the parking lot and wanted to visit him."

"They said you were here overnight."

Michael shrugged. "Luke gets lonely, too."

With that, Michael turned on his heel and left the waiting room to go to the elevators.

Ashton, bewildered and slightly off-put, opened the door to Luke's room slowly. He thought that the meek blonde could calm him down.

"Hi, Lukey."

Luke stared at him with wide eyes. "Hi."

"Did Michael hurt you last night?"

A blush overcame Luke's cheeks and a sweet, innocent smile took his face.

"No."

"What did you guys do?" Ashton asked, more interested in getting dirt on Michael than Luke's happiness.

"We cuddled and kissed. He got me strawberry ice cream from the cafeteria and he helped me eat it. I haven't had the strawberry flavor before, and I'm trying to go just vegetarian. I decided that dairy should be the first thing off my vegan list."

Ashton's ears were red with anger. How dare Michael? How dare Michael encroach on what was rightfully his?

Ashton spoke with Luke first. Ashton helped Luke first, kissed Luke first, touched Luke first.