9.5 - Christmas Special

Fu-Fu-Fuuu~
Fu-Fu-Fuuu~

Christmas was a wonderous time of year.
The bells chimed, the snow fell, I watched as people scurried left and right towards shops as they rushed to finish their Christmas shopping.

It was truly amusing, how lazy some could get to wait this late to do it.

Yeah, I guess that means me!

I didn't have a gift for anyone, but honestly, I only needed one for Momo. And I didn't even have that....

*buzz!*
*buzz!*

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, picking up my phone. "Oh, nothing. I just wanted to talk. What are you getting Momo for christmas?" Mina asked.

"Oh, uh... I don't know. I haven't even really thought about it yet." I answered, still watching the people outside. "Well you better giddy up, because she's your partner. Your partner deserves a divine gift from the one they love." Mina scolded.

"Okay, okay. I'll go look right now." I said, getting defensive. "Yeah, hurry before the rest of the products sell out." And with that, Mina hung up.

I sighed. Hm, a gift.. for Momo? It needs to be special. What would she like? I rested my head on my hand. She likes cupcakes.. Right?

Silly, you can't just get her cupcakes! It needs to be spectacular..

I'm a genius. It does need to be spectacular!

But, speaking of Momo, where was she anyways? It's Christmas eve and she hasn't even bothered to call yet..

Watching the people below, this time I saw them with a different perspective. They weren't just lazy people waiting to do Christmas shopping. And they weren't just scurrying around. They were spending Christmas Eve with the ones they love.

Yeah, I definitely will make this the best Christmas ever!

-------

    Jeez, it sure is cold out here!

    I wandered around shop to shop, not being able to find anything that would suit her.

    "Taxi!" I yelled, sticking out my thumb. I needed to go right to the other strip mall nearby.

    When I got into the car, the driver didn't talk. Odd. I thought, but then gave them directions immediately.

     As we approached the parking lot, I assured the driver I wouldn't be long.

     "Stay here and wait for me. I'll be fast. Although, if you need to go... No worries. I'm sure you've your own family to see." I said, not wanting to pressure them into driving me around.

     They grunted, and that was that.

-----

     "Shit, I still can't find anything for her." I mumbled to myself, as I made my way back to the taxi. Maybe I should get her apartment pamphlets so we can move out of the dorm and live together...

     No, thats too much of a change for a Christmas gift. She'd wanna discuss it privately.

    "Um, just to ********, please." I requested, and the driver, still not speaking, agreed immediately.

     We had driven to the jewelers, where I had decided I wanted to get her a ring. To celebrate our being together for the holidays. I picked out a lovely diamond ring, which was a little over my price budget, but I'd live.

     I hopped back into the taxi and settled down. "I'm surprised you've waited for me scurrying around at these last couple stops." I chucked, and sure enough, the driver didn't laugh with me.

    "Um, anyways.." I said, awkwardly now, "Give me a second so I can call my girlfriend to meet up." I insisted, dialing Momo's contact.

    It rang a few times.. Until...

*ring!*
     *ring!*

    "....."

     The driver turned around and finally spoke to me. "Hello, my love." She whispered, ans my eyes widened.

     "No fucking way." I mumbled, clearly in disbelief. "How the hell did you pull that off so well?"

     "Well, you were in such a hurry, you didn't notice. Also, I couldn't talk or else I'd give it away!" She laughed, and I did too.

     "I'm sorry I didn't call." She apologized.

"Its okay, I'm happy to see you now anyways."

     "Since I'm your chasseur for the evening, let me take you to one more place." She asked, and I agreed.

-----

     As we finally arrived,  I saw a huge beautiful tree and colored string lights taped all over an abandoned bridge.

    It was so beautiful, I didn't even realize my mouth was agape.

     "Y/N," Momo started, but just then the clock hit midnight, signaling it was Christmas Day. "Merry Christmas, mi amor."

    "Merry Christmas, Momo, dear." And I began to fiddle with the bag and get out of the car. I opened Momo's door and grabbed her hand to pull her out.

     I wrapped my hand around her waist and held her. Silently, I pulled her hand towards my body, slipped the ring onto her finger, and kissed it.

     "Chaton, I love you." And I kissed her.

Then, as we separated,

    "I love you, too."

-------