Part 10 - I can't do this tonight.

WARNING: TW ~ SUICIDE AND BRUTAL DEATH MENTIONED

My eyes still flowed like they were raining. The pain wasn't letting up and it probably never would. I finally decided to get my sorry ass off of that hospital bench and feel sorry for myself somewhere else. But.. Where? Then I thought of it.
So then I slowly picked myself up and took myself to the place I wanted to go, little by little, until I reached it.

I climbed up the ledge, leaving the blanket down on the roof. I sat down, dangling my legs over the side, and admiring the building.
Too bad the wind wasn't in my favor tonight, because I wouldn't have minded if it'd push me over, causing me to fall 11 stories to my demise.
Demise, huh? I'd never truly thought about death, let alone what happens after it. I thought of all the suicides that had happened here before me. All these people, also standing on the ledge, ending their lives.
Before they hit the ground, there had to be just a little bit of remorse, right? Before they hit the ground and became nothing, what did they feel? Did they regret it? Although I understood how they were feeling in this moment alone. I'd just lost the love of my life and..
I stood up. The wind blew my hair backwards and I admired the city below me. I looked behind me to see the blanket I'd left below the ledge, and only then, did I realize I'd stopped crying.
I looked down to the city for a final time. "Suicide, huh?" I said aloud, my voice just barely above a whisper. I looked down at my feet, and noticed that the ledge was atleast a foot and a half. There'd be no way I could fall unless I deliberately threw myself off, inevitability plummeting to my end.
That didn't sound quite too bad right about now. Briefly considering it, the door to the roof swung open and a man came out, cussing loudly into the crisp night air. It wasn't fairly cold, but until come summer, the night times were a bit more chilly.
The guy coming out caused me to tense up and sit down again. I wondered if he knew he wasn't alone. That some suicidal bitch who'd just lost her wife came here to finally end her misery. Breaking my thought, the man fell to his knees and allowed his head to sink into his hands. I pursed my lips, inquiring whether or not he'd also come here to commit suicide. What'd happened to him?

I cleared my throat rather loudly and he finally looked over at me. "Hey." I whispered, but I was sure he couldn't hear me from the height i was in the air, and the distance between us didn't help. He started to walk over to me.
Christ, was he going to hit me? I tucked my legs to my chest and warned him. "Don't touch me, or I'll jump." To which my statement made him stop, and put both his hands up in defense. Only then did he speak.
"Please, please get down from there." He put his hands together, and looked up at me. Now that there was more or less a light on his face, I could see him well. I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic. He held a poker face fairly well if he wasn't being sarcastic.
"Or what?" I asked, noticing he was fairly close to the blanket. "Or.. I don't know. Just please, get down. I can't see another death tonight." He pleaded. "Please."

I cocked an eyebrow. Another death, huh? "Tell me what you mean by that." I demanded, sitting back down and studying his features. His face softened, and looked almost as if he'd cry. He was fairly attractive. White hair, blue eyes, tan skin, and I'd say he was around 6'1.
"Get down first, and I'll tell you." He demanded, and I rolled my eyes, irritated he was ruining my suicide mission.

hi everyone! sorry i haven't posted so long, i went on vacation and then i began to feel gross, so i had to go on a little hiatus.

have you guys figured out whose pov the flashforwards are yet?