~ Prologue ~

On the day in the city of San Francisco, and three blazing specks of light dash all over the place as one shoots lasers at the other two. An enemy aircraft flying throughout while it's chasing the blue hedgehog and light blue hedgehog, who are running and roller skating from the pursuer, Dr. Robotnik, who's in his craft, as the two hedgehogs flee. The scene freezes after an explosion with Sonic and Y/N barely missing it.

"So, I know what you're thinking." Sonic narrated.

"Why are those two awesome hedgehogs being chased by a madman with a mustache from the Civil War?" Y/N narrated.

The scene unfreezes and Sonic and Y/N continues running and skating and dodging laser blasts from Dr. Robotnik.

"Well, to be honest, it feels like we've been running our whole lives."

"Yep."

"Is this too much? Are we going too fast? It's kind of what we do--well, mostly me--You know what? Let's back up."

The whole chase going in reverse as well as frames of future clips for a split second each time one passes as Sonic mimics a rewind sound effect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A green hill came into view and there,
a younger-looking Sonic zipping through the terrain and land of South Island.

"This is the island where we're from. It had everything. Sandy beaches, cascading waterfalls, public access to loop-de-loops. And I never had to catch a school bus because I could run across the entire island in less than two seconds. Also, there was no school. I know, pretty sweet island, right?"

Young Sonic runs across a ramp and shoots up into the air.

"Yeah!"

Young Sonic lands back on the ground and continues zipping through his island.

"I was born with extraordinary powers and was told to keep them secret. And like any kid, I did the exact opposite."

Young Sonic runs up some bridges to a small house. He curls into a ball, rolls into the house, jumps up, and playfully bumps Longclaw while she is sleeping, causing her to wake up.

"That's Longclaw. She took care of us."

Young Sonic lands on the ground, now out of ball form, and he is laughing happily.

"She was basically Obi-Wan Kenobi. If Obi-Wan Kenobi had a beak and ate mice."

"Sonic, someone could have seen you." Longclaw lightly scolded.

"No one saw me. I'm too fast!" Young Sonic shrugged off.

Suddenly, he was pinned to the ground, making him yelp in surprise. He looked up to see Young Y/N giggling down at him.

"Gotcha, bro!"

"Hey! No fair! You always catch me by surprise!"

"You may be fast, but not fast enough to get a quick sense that I sneak attacked you!"

"Hmph!"

Young Y/N got off of him with a smile, placing a hand on her hip.

"That's my younger sister. She's basically a most skillful and creative one and always follows Longclaw's rules. She can even make a sculpture at such a young age."

"At least, I know how to be aware of myself and the surroundings."

"Touche."

Young Sonic took a quick notice of Young Y/N's emerald necklace around her neck.

"Almost forgot to mention, my sister wasn't born with the same speed power as me. She had something even better. She had the magical amulet that grants her power and weapons, and wouldn't tell me or Longclaw where she gets it. Very mysterious she is."

"I'd rather like to keep it that way."

"Longclaw is right, though. You should be careful on how you run. It wouldn't take a matter of second for anyone to notice you." Young Y/N said with a frown.

"Relax, sis. Everything is good. And, I wanted to bring you two this."

Young Sonic pulls out a sunflower and (Favorite Flower) he picked from the outside, which makes Longclaw and Y/N happy. Longclaw notices a tribe of echidnas in the trees, aiming their weapons at the trio. She then shuts the door and grabs Sonic and Y/N to protect them.

"Get down!"

The echidnas fire their arrows from their bows and they hit almost every corner of Longclaw's house, with one arrow breaking the window, barely missing Longclaw, and passing through Sonic's flowers, pinning them to the wood floor.

"Turns out with great power, comes great power-hungry bad guys. And I led them right to us."

"And you should've just listen..."

The echidnas climb through the windows and prepare to attack, but Longclaw, Y/N, and Sonic escape through the back window as the echidnas continue firing arrows at them. Eventually, the leader of the tribe, Pachacamac, fires his arrow and it strikes Longclaw, knocking her, Y/N, and Sonic out of the sky and sending them plummeting to the ground. A wounded Longclaw gets up and puts a very concerned Sonic and Y/N on their feet and they look up at her.

"Listen carefully, Sonic and Y/N. You two have powers unlike anything I have ever seen. And that means someone will always want it. Take care of each other and never leave each other's side. The only way to stay safe is to stay hidden."

Longclaw takes a ring from her satchel and tosses it, which opens a portal to another location.

"This world is on the far side of the universe. You should be safe there."

"I don't want to go without you!" Young Sonic said in protest.

"Please! Let's all go together!" Young Y/N pleaded.

"You must."

Longclaw hands Sonic her satchel of Rings.

"These Rings will be your most important possession."

Longclaw gasps as she hears the echidna tribe getting closer, then she looks back down at Sonic and Y/N.

"If you're ever discovered, use one."

Gently pushes Sonic and Y/N closer to the portal with her wing.

"Never stop running. Now, go!"

Sonic and Y/N runs through the portal and looks back, horrified, as Longclaw prepares for attack, and they start running back.

"Longclaw!!!" they shouted.

Longclaw looks back at Sonic and Y/N one last time as the echidnas get even closer.

"Goodbye, Sonic and Y/N."

"No!!"

Before Sonic and Y/N can get back to Longclaw, the portal disappears.

"Noo!"

Sonic and Y/N now realizes that they're by themselves and must do what Longclaw instructed. Y/N sniffs and gently takes Sonic's hand as they began to leave while picking up the satchel of Rings.