~ Final Chapter: There's No Place Like Home ~

Everything is back to normal and Tom and Maddie are fixing their house from the attack a couple of days before.

"You got enough there?" he asked.

"Yes, Mr. Manager." she replied.

"Need any more?"

Tom playfully sticks a roller brush in front of Maddie.

"You get that away!"

Suddenly, a knock at the front door. Tom answers it to find Commander Walters on the doorstep.

"Mr. and Mrs. Wachowski?"

"Yes?" Tom replied.

Commander Walters reaches into his coat and hands them an envelope.

"A token of appreciation for your government for keeping quiet about recent incidents which never occurred."

"Wow!"

Tom takes the envelope.

"Wonder what it is."

"Money to fix the house?" Maddie guessed.

"Letter from the president?"

"You'll see." Commander Walters said.

"Okay."

Tom opens the envelope, revealing a $50 gift card to Olive Garden.

"Olive Garden." Maddie stated.

"Yeah, heh. The way you said "You'll see" made me think it was something better than the things we said." Tom chuckled.

"Have you tried their Never Ending Pasta Bowl? It never ends!" Commander Walters suggested.

"That sounds... fancy."

"Mm-hmm. Well, thank you. We appreciate the gesture." Maddie said.

"Oh, hey. I guess we can close the file on that Robotnik guy, huh? Just disappeared." Tom asked.

"I'm sorry, but no such person exists or ever has existed."

"I wish that were true."

"You haven't, by any chance, been in contact with a certain two alien creatures since the incident, have you? Uncle Sam would love to have a chat with them. Very casual. Brunch, perhaps." Commanrer Walters asked, looking around..

"Oh, you mean those two little blue and light blue fellows? No. No, nothing. No." Tom said.

"Mm-mmm." Maddie shook her head.

"Doubt we'll ever hear from them again."

"Mm-mmm."

"Very well." Commander Walters said.

"Okay. Thank you." Tom said.

"Great." Maddie said.

Commander Walters glances inside the house but Tom slowly closes the door.

"Yep."

Commander Walters tries to peek inside a little more, but the door is now fully closed.

"To be honest, I'm pretty pumped about the pasta bowl."

Tom and Maddie walk into the living room and Sonic and Y/N pokes their head up from behind the couch.

"So, do you guys wanna watch a movie or what?" Sonic suggested.

"Sorry, buddy. It's a school night. It's time for you to go back to your cave." Maddie apologized.

"What?!"