~ Chapter 4: Bar Fight ~

Tom, Y/N, and Sonic are driving through the foothills, continuing their journey.

"Alright, there's gonna be rules on this trip. Number one, do exactly as I say all the time. Got it?" Tom said.

"Got it." Y/N nodded.

Sonic gives Tom a little salute with his fingers.

"Got it, Donut Lord."

"Would you stop with the 'Donut Lord'?! I have a name. It's Tom."

"I'm Sonic."

"And I'm Y/N."

"Sonic. Y/N. So you've been spying on us all these years?"

"I mean, I wouldn't call it "spying." We were all just hanging out, only we weren't invited and no one knew we were there." Sonic explained.

"It's most likely spying..." Y/N said in a deadpan tone.

"I can't believe Crazy Carl was right all this time!" Tom said in surprise..

"Yeah, you should call him Super Observant Carl instead." Sonic commented.

"Uh-huh."

"Oh, my God, stop the car right now!"

Sonic gets up and leans out the open window, alarming Tom and Y/N.

"What, what?! What?"

"What is it, bro?! Are we in danger?!"

Y/N was about to bring out her weapon when they pass a billboard advertising the World's Largest Rubber Band Ball.

"'The World's Largest Rubber Band Ball'? We gotta see it!" Sonic suggested with excitement.

"Are you serious right now??" Y/N exclaimed in disbelief.

"No, no. No, this is not some fun family road trip, okay? The government wants to dissect you and your sister and arrest me. This is serious." Tom declined.

Sonic gives Tom a smug smile, speeds out of the truck and comes back in the blink of an eye with souvenirs like a baseball cap and some small rubber band balls.

"Eh, you're right. It was lame. Gift shop was cool, though!"

Sonic shows a mouse pad that reads "I Heart Rubber Band Balls" to Tom and Y/N.

"I got you a mouse pad. When are we gonna get there?"

Sonic holds up a paddle ball and plays with it at a very fast speed while looking at Tom with a playful smile.

"We will get there when we get there!"

Sonic continues playing with the paddle ball until Y/N has enough with that annoying batter and snatches the paddle ball away from her brother and snaps it in half, scaring Sonic and Tom.

"I'm never letting you shop any ridiculous things ever..." Y/N glared.

Tom, Y/N, and Sonic pull into a rest stop on the other side of town and the truck pulls up to a fueling station and Tom gets out of the truck and puts a hat on and walks to the other side of the truck.

"Alright, I'm gonna go check in with Wade, see if he knows what's going on." Tom said.

"You're gonna see Wade in that glass thing? What is it, a teleportation box?" Sonic questioned.

Tom looks behind him and back at Sonic and Y/N.

"It's a pay phone. It's mostly for drug dealers and fugitives from the law, which is us. Stay in the car. I don't want anybody seeing you two.