SSAK 3

"Like Clay?" I decided to crack a joke but the moment it left my lips I literally wanted to hide. This cringe was so extra!

"You're not funny Delilah!" Clayton said mockingly and I could swear my hands wanted to wrap around his neck.

Twenty minutes later full of Clayton and I just poking words at each other while I forced him to get a carrier bag for my top, we left the laundry room. The quietness of the laundry room called me back and in that moment I would have done anything to get back in hadn't Tina re appeared screaming at the top of her lungs.

"You finally drunk the Smirnoff? Ouu I am so proud of you bitch." I smiled awkwardly while looking back at where I presumed Clayton was. He was full on making out with Gwyneth Baker just at the laundry door. My heart dropped and I couldn't even explain that for whatever reason.

Tina must have noticed my attention wasn't clearly on her because she tapped me after being in her momentary shock.

"Oh. You met Clayton." 

"You know him?" I asked and in that moment I was certain my eyes were popping out. Hopefully Tina would be so high to notice.

"Nah not really. Mason talks much about him and you know how that is" She said rolling her eyes before grabbing my drink and downing it in one gulp.

"Hey that was mine!" 

"It's not like you were gonna finish .Come let's go downstairs. There's a Truth or Dare game happening in the game room." Taking the flight of stairs, two at a time because Tina was impatient, we made it to the game room which apparently only a few people were being let to enter. We found Mason at the door just about to enter as well.

"Delilah! You made it." He walked towards me before pulling me into one of the many bear hugs he always has. "I'm loving this fit on you. Did Tina choose that?" He asked pulling back and holding me at arms length to appreciate or rather stare.

"You chose that?" He turned to ask Tina who even though looked to be with us, seemed to be in another dimension.

"You fucking look great. No wonder all my boys were talking about you. Almost didn't recognize you as well."

"Okay.. Mason, no hitting on my bestfriend. We just need passage here."

"Tina, Tina always the feisty one. Is this how you plan on being at college this year, cause I sure as hell ain't going to be saving your ass in freshman year."  Mason instead replied and that earned a chuckle from me. Despite seemingly being one of the most unserious boys in our year, Mason had got into Yale moreover through the Early Action window. And when Tina also got her admission as well, she knew that she now had to make the relationship with Mason even stronger. That resulted in our lunch dates becoming Tina, Delilah and Mason. Trips to the mall with Mason as driver became a daily occurrence. I obviously couldn't forget mentioning how they even became party buddies. I didn't mind that part though, I just hoped I would have been involved on that too. But then even if they had offered, I would have said no. At the time, I still had braces, and round rimmed glasses that gave the Ugly Betty look. God knew even I wanted to hide myself. Even now, the confidence was low.

"Mason please." I smiled my effortless best and in no time we were in the game room. The first game was Drink or Dare. Which earned many hoots and shouts from the guys. Some of them were from the neighbouring prep school and others were just people who had come to Parklands for the summer.

All was well and fine till Tina was given the bottle to spin and she turned to whisper in Mason's ear before they all smiled maniacally at me.

Hey guys!

Chapter 3 of SSAK is here and to say I am excited is an understatement. I practically have about 10 to 13 chapters left before I close this story and I hope you are enjoying it!

P.s. help check out a community profile that I have stared with some friends 

xoxo