Hollow

This chapter is dedicated to bukkyz3

A real friend is the one who walks in when the rest walks out.

-Unknown.

#Unedited .

Just maybe_

Divine Favour plodded out of the restroom taking slow, painful steps. She felt weak and exhausted. It was way past closing hours, that she could tell because the school was empty and as quiet as a graveyard.

She felt hollow and empty, like her soul was totally detached from her body. She didn't know where exactly she was heading to, all she knew was she was going somewhere. Her legs worked on it's own accord and before she knew it, she was in her class.

Now empty, it looked totally different from what she was used to. It was eerily quiet and it made the hairs on the back of her neck stand. No judging stares, no hurtful whispers, no accusing fingers, just total silence and it sent chills down her spine.

Fear crept in gradually and she felt the sudden urge to get out of the class as soon as could. Shakily, she took out all her books and packed up her bag, her trembling fingers slowing her up tremendously.

She could hear her own heart beat furiously against her ribcage and she zipped up her bag as fast as her clumsy fingers allowed.

She snuck a fearful glance around the class, since the windows were all closed, it was slightly dark and the air, chilly. She hung her bag quickly and slipped out of the class, closing the door behind her.

Once outside, she let out a shaky sigh. Instantly, her hand went to her chest and she took in a deep breath to calm her racing pulse.

Gradually, the fear left her and she embraced the all too familiar feeling of emptiness. She felt like she wasn't capable of feeling anything anymore, all the hurt, pain and bitterness left her feeling numb.

She longed for the fear to comeback. At least, then she felt something and it took her mind off her pathetic life.

She mulled over all that had happened in the last few days as she walked down the stairs. It really hurt that Peace of all people would do that to her.

"Favour" A voice called softly.

She spun around to face Faith with a blank expression.

Concern crinkled Faith's eye as she stared at Favour. From her tear streaked face to her red puffy eyes, her disheveled hair and swollen face. A wave of pity surged through her and her eyes softened.

Favour hated to see the concern in Faith's eyes. She just wanted to be left alone to gather the broken pieces of her heart. She was sick and three of the hypocritical pity and concerned glances some students shot her wat earlier. She didn't want or need their pity, she could deal with the pain all by her self.

"I was looking for you" Faith sounded careful as she searched her face for anything to betray her feelings.

"Why?" She asked drily, clutching the strap if her bag a little too tightly.