Silence

Sometimes you have to say silent because words can't explain what is going on in your mind and heart.

-Unknown.

  Silence is the most lethal poison that attack your soul not your body.

S.killer

*Unedited*

Divine Favour's mom shot a glance at her daughter as she rested against the fluffy pillows on the king sized bed. She blew out a relieved breath as she walked over to where she lay, the doctor, Aunty Sharon walked closely being her.

Favour schooled her facial expression into an emotionless mask. She lay there, inert and motionless like a soul drowned in torpidity.

"How are you feeling now?" Her mom asked softly, concern crinkling her eyes.

Favour managed a nonchalant shrug.

"Okay, I guess" She rasped.

Her mother sensed that she was in no mood to talk and knowing her daughter, trying to get her to talk when she didn't want to would be useless.

She sat on the edge of the bed heaving a deep sigh "Thank you very much, Sharon. I don't know heat I could have done without you, maybe I would have lost her by now" She addressed their neighbour standing beside her. Her voice was laden with emotions and it seemed as if she was about to cry.

Miss Johnson smiled good naturedly and slipped into an empty chair directly opposite the bed.

"No need to thank me, what are neighbours for? And besides, panic attacks don't kill, so she wouldn't have died"

Her mum mouthed an oh in realization.

"But mind you, this wouldn't be the last so you have to learn how to handle it, cause when there's no help in time, it could lead to serious complications. But she definitely won't die"

Divine Favour's mom shifted on the bed, her interest piqued. "So how do I handle it?"

"First things first, do not panic" Miss Johnson watered her finger I'm the air for emphasis. "Make her breathe in as slowly, deeply and gently as she can, through her nose, then make her do the same when breathing out. Some people find it helpful to count steadily from one to give on each in -breath and out -breath"

"One to five" Her mom repeated after her, in the hopes that she wouldn't forget.

"And lastly, make sure she closes her eyes and focuses on her breathing and nothing else.

"Okay, I'd keep that in mind. But what could possibly cause this panic attack?"

"Well... " Miss Johnson drawled put"A lot of things could, like... Family history of panic attacks - That is, it could be inherited. Uhm... Major life stress, like loss of a loved one. Hmm... A traumatic event for example, sexual assault which by the way is more common, Major life changes in your life such as divorce or addition of a baby... What else? Let's say smoking or excessive caffeine intake and, yes! History of childhood physical sexual abuse."

Her mother's brows creased as she thought hard of what could possibly be that cause of her daughter's panic attack .She couldn't remember anyone in her family having panic attacks, so it couldn't be hereditary and she couldn't possibly be going through any major changes in her life, or was she stressed out?

She snuck a look at her second daughter, laying nonchalantly on the bed with a blank look on her face. She looked totally fine, she had been noticing her daughter mood swings the past few days but she had shrugged it off, thinking it was one of those teenage phases that would pass with time.