Chapter 4 - Trust and Long Forevers

Hey everyone! Yeah yeah I know.. I haven't updated for what seems like a million years. Long story short I had writers block and i'm very busy.. Well you probably just want to read the next chapter so here it is, enjoy!

-Ereri-

Levi P.O.V

'Ah, for the love of God!' I rushed down the hall, my arms dripping with soapy water.
"Hey! Kid, It wasn't me! I was the one who took your mother to the hospital!" I heard him snivelling in the downstairs cupboard and approached it, knocking on the oak wooden door. No answer. "Jesus christ just open up already-" I remembered there was no lock. 'Oh wow.' I turned the handle and opened the door to see the brunette sat on the floor amongst my cleaning supplies, sniffling with his small hands over his mouth. I sighed and leaned against the door frame, folding my arms. "Kid, it wasn't me. You have to believe me alright? There was that fat bastard who flung her at the wall in the market, remember?" I tried to give a kind and sympathising look.. Which failed as he just curled up tighter and avoided my gaze.

"Then why were you washing blood off your arms?" He said quietly. I huffed and blew a strand of hair out of my eyes.
"I carried your mother to the hospital, she was knocked out and had bad injuries. I wasn't the one who inflicted them on her." The small child uncurled like a cat who had just smelt his breakfast and looked up at me.
"So you didn't hurt her?"
"No. Trust me on this one." He smiled up at me with a tearstained face, his ocean green eyes glistening.
"I trust you, Levi."

"Good. Now come on, you're filthy as heck. Go have a bath." I un-folded my arms and stood out of the way of the door, he jumped up and hop-skipped past me into the hall. I rolled my eyes and closed the downstairs cupboard, and followed him up the glass stairs in my house, which he knew all too well. 'He seems to know his way 'round. Good, i don't want to have to be guiding this brat everywhere.' I trudged behind him up the stairs to the bathroom. 'If only Eren was here, he'd know how to take care of this kid. He's good with that stuff.' I shook the thoughts of Eren from my head and flicked the taps up on the hot, turning it slightly so it was just the right temperature. I grabbed a towel and slung it on the radiator so it was warm for when he got out. I dumped shampoo and conditioner and body wash by the side of the bath and was just about to walk out to leave him to it when he called me back.

"Levi?" I turned around and furrowed my eyebrows.
"Got a problem?" The kid put his hand on his hair.
"I can't wash my hair properly yet, my mum always used to do it for me. Can you do it Levi?" I drooped my shoulders and groaned at his request.
"Fine."
"Thank you!" The brown haired boy took his clothes off and got in the bath, and while he was doing so I occupied myself with my phone so as not to be rude by looking at him. When he had got in I knelt down, scooped up some of the warm water in my hands and tossed it over his head. He giggled and splashed around.
"I swear to God if you get me wet-" the kid splashed water all up my clean top, drenching it. He laughed as i knelt in front of the bath scowling at me.
"Got 'ya!"
"You sure did. Now sit still so I can wash your bloody hair!" I growled at him and he immediately sat still, and I squirted some shampoo into my palms, and massaged it into his hair.

"Levi you forgot something!" I raised an eyebrow.
"Huh? Forgot something?" The kid nodded eagerly at me, lifted his arm out of the water and pointed at the bubble bath on the side.
"Bubbles!" I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the millionth time today and grabbed the bottle, I poured some in and whisked my hand around in the water a few times to froth the bubbles up.
"Happy now?" He grinned, nodded and started throwing bubbles everywhere. 'You little shit!' I thought as he tossed them up the tiled walls and some onto the floor by accident.
"Excuse me! Don't throw bubbles up MY walls and on the floor!" The kid just burst out laughing and tried to scoop the bubbles back into the bath.
"You're exactly how I remember you!" He said delightedly. 'What the fuck? This again..'
"What exactly do you mean by, 'just like I remember you?'" I repeated what he said and he just shook his dripping head at me.
"You'll get it one day!" He smiled at me innocently and I think I melted a bit. He was an alright kid. Cries a lot though.
"Right.." I carried on washing his hair and rinsed the shampoo out, then put a small amount of conditioner in it and washed that out too.
"Levi look at this!" I looked over to him and he looked up at me with a thick coating of bubbles over the top of his lips and on his chin. He'd also put a small pile of bubbles on the top of his hair. 'I just washed that as well!'
"Hmm, so very fascinating." I said sarcastically and dipped my hands in the water to rinse the shampoo and conditioner off them.

"Meanie, do you want a bubble beard too?"
"Um, how about.. No."
"C'mon it's fun!!"
"No way in he-" He slammed his bubble covered hand on my face and the soapy froth went up my nose and in my mouth. I sneezed and spat the bubbles out. "Oi!!" The kid laughed at me so hard he almost fell over and drowned in the bath.
"Hahahahahaha! Your face! You have bubbles all over your face!" I stood up and went to the mirror, and indeed. I had bubbles all over my face. I got his towel and wiped them off, grimacing at the soapy taste now in my mouth.
"Hurry up and get out. That's enough now." I said sourly and held the towel out. He took it and got out of the bath, wrapping it round himself. 'I bet he doesn't even have any spare clothes either.' Just as I thought this, he ran out of the bathroom in the towel and towards my room.
"Hey! Where are you going?!" I trailed off at the end knowing he wouldn't hear me anyway and followed him. When I reached my spotless room I saw him dragging a blue, red and yellow backpack off my bed. And messing the newly made covers up.
"I have some spare clothes, my teddy, toothbrush and toothpaste, and everything I need right here!" He unzipped the backpack and pulled out some trousers and a pale green top, a criss cross pattern going on at the neck, almost old fashioned. 'Wait hold on.. It's like he came here prepared. Did he know this was going to happen?' He answered my question straight away, and I must have spoken out loud.
"I was going to go to my friend's house after my mum and I went to the market. But now I'm staying here!"
"Is there any chance you still want to go for your sleepover thing?" I said convincingly, hoping I could have some peace for the night before I had to look after this snotty-faced brat.
"No. I don't want to go anymore." 'Damn.' I thought, but pulled off a half smile anyway.
"Oh ok then. I'll leave you to get changed. There's a spare room down the corridor that can be yours. It's already got the furniture in. 'That's because it was supposed to be Eren's room when he moved in.'

"Thanks Levi!" He ran out again still in the towel but bringing his backpack with him. I sighed and put my forehead on the door frame. 'This is gonna be a long few weeks.' And I was right, except, it was more like.. Long forever?

My Little Angel {Sequel to Fire and Ice}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara