Chapter 1: A Detour (revised)

<<Creating [Parallel Existence] and separating self from the existing dimension...success.

Traveling through time and space to desired destination...postponed.>>

"...Wait what, Ciel?!"

<<Ring ring. Master someone is calling.>>

Rimuru almost choked on his non-existent spit after unexpectedly hearing Ciel joke and said something ridiculous.

What "ring ring" happened to you? A call? Through time and space? Chloe? Guy? Velgrynd? Who the heck?!

After sensing Rimuru's confusion, Ciel answered the unheard question.

<<It's Velgrynd, master.>>

...

"Velgrynd? What is she doing here?"

<<She just noticed our presence as she was looking for the individual named Rudra.>>

With [Thought Acceleration] on, he turned it off. Nodding, he remembered there was someone else moving through time that time in the past.

"Alright Ciel, let's accept the call."

<<As you wish.>>

And so, the space filled with speeding-looking lights contorted and stopped. What appeared before him was a huge and long majestic chinese-style dragon, colored in white from the front and beautiful shiny red scales along its body. Shining bright golden eyes like his looked at him with confusion.

"Rimuru? What are you doing here? How did you get here? And your presence feels...different" Velgrynd spoke as she slithered around him, her body looking like that of a ribbon from a ribbon dancer's. It moved so freely at the space they were in. Both beings glowed as they floated about.

"Ah, just on a mission here. Don't worry, nothing is wrong. As for your other question, I come from the future. So please don't tell anyone about this encounter when you go back to your timeline. Not even me from there."

The red dragon widened her eyes in surprise as she gazed at this confusing being in front of her. As far she could tell, no one can get to their desired place and time aside from only one person she could think of. And this guy in front of her just hinted he could. Other than that, she could see that he seemed to have grown up. He looked even more of a godly being, beautiful or handsome. Everytime she sees him do something out of ordinary, her assumptions of his real identity gets stronger. This time, she decided to test him.

"Must be nice in the future now if you're still smiling so casually, onii-sama." Trying not to be obvious, she adds, "Mind if you could share some good news?"

Rimuru raised a brow at what she said, almost falling for her trap. As expected of the future Rimuru who have bonded with his family sometimes after the great war, he has known the dragon siblings a little bit more. He now knows to watch out for when the sisters are leading him to something. It seemed she had always been suspicious of him since they first met but he can't tell her yet.

"Onii-sama? You must have mistaken me Velgrynd-san. I'm still Rimuru the slime!" Trying to drive her thoughts away, he unconsciously adds the wrong words, "you know, the one who beat you in the battle."

A tick mark appeared on the dragons head and a faint gasp of indignity was heard. The dragon transformed into her human form, showing a face of indifference but the eyes were of challenge.

"I know you've beat me in battle but if you really want to fight again, just tell me straight."

Rimuru 'paled', just realizing what he said and immediately shakes his hands vigorously in front of him.