Chapter 5: Dwargon (revised)

"When someone is talking."

"When someone is thinking or talking telepathically."

<<When Ciel is talking from within Rimuru.>>

*When someone is whispering or just coughing.*
____________________________________

People, be it merchants, workers, travelers, adventurers, tourists, demi-humans and many more, walk around the bustling kingdom of Dwargon day and night. Of course, it's not just them that venture around the place, there also ones that traverse the shadows, making sure everything is safe and sound for their beloved kingdom. But what happens when the leader, Henrietta, suddenly senses a huge surge of aura even for just a sliver of a moment?

She was sure the king and Lady Jane would sense that, and that they would ask her questions about it. So she followed where she thought was the source, but was surprised that no one was there. It went off again from another nearby direction and she followed it but was again the same. It went off a few more times, but the same thing happened again everytime. It almost feels like she was being played with. She stopped and decided to let the recent one go off. That one was just the nearest yet she didn't follow it. As if it sensed her thoughts, the aura went off furthest—no, to the other side of the kingdom...it just confirmed her suspicions and she was annoyed but at the same time, afraid of it.

'Who could have caused such massive aura that could almost rival that of the king's?' ...is what she would think. In fact Rimuru was just letting out aura as big as Gazel's, not as much he is now. It would be recognized as not Gazel's aura because everyone naturally have different auras. Other than that, it seemed like the aura could only be sensed by people closest to Gazel in this kingdom. It was as if the aura was targeting specific people. None of the civilians around seemed to notice it.

But mostly, Rimuru was just really a little bored.

Henrietta seemed done with it, or so he thought, so he let off one last time farthest from her. She would eventually report this to King Gazel. He wasn't even concealing himself anymore, at least to these people he chose to play with. Others still don't really sense him.

He had done the same with Dorf and the rest, and it was safe to say, he scared them off and they were not able to find him.

Seeing as how what he was doing with Henrietta had been redundant, he thought of pranking King Gazel.

But he decided to postpone it for now because finally...

"E.I.L.F! I meant elf!"

Ciel immediately took Rimuru's consciousness back from his past self, severed his connection from his past self's eyes, and scolded him.

Somehow, he have found a way to add his consciousness to the past Rimuru. It almost felt like he was possessing Rimuru's past self through his eyes.

"Ciel!" He whined to his manas.

<<Master, I might just not assist you for a week for this. You already know your past self's destiny.>>

"Oh come on Ciel. Please?"

Rimuru asked with his cutest voice and puppy eyes, or wide slime eyes for that matter, but Ciel figuratively turned her back on him with an annoyed "hmph", crossed arms, and a solid"no".

Rimuru sighed and gazed longingly at the Butterflies of the Night building from the roof's edge of the opposite building that he perched on.

Ciel seemed to suddenly glance curiously at the building, thinking of something. Rimuru felt that she was about to say something, and when it comes to what it is, it might involve a certain topic he wants to see.