Chapter 7: Family and Plan

"Ciel, I can feel your worries no matter how you try and hide them now. I'm getting better in reading your emotions. Stop that."

<<...>>

"I'm not doing what you think I'm doing despite how I seemed like before. Like how we both talked about, I'm not completely the same as I was before regaining my memories."

<<Master, don't mind me when you're busy with something more important. What's the purpose of me hiding it if you're just going to put your attention on me instead of something more important at the moment? Hmph.>>

"Oh. I thought...you're not upset?"

<<Just go now.>>

"Hai hai. Alright."

Entering the tent, Rimuru patiently listened to their conversation. He wondered what would Shizu think once she learns things will suddenly twist in a new direction for her.

At last, First Rimuru saw her soul slowly leaving her body. He immediately started collecting it and storing it in his space before his past self started eating her peacefully.

He smiled to the past Rimuru before closing his eyes and opening them to see a little Shizu running towards a house with a lady who looked exactly like the one from the crystal ball for his destiny.

"Mother!"

"Ohh, so that was her mother. Her soul have been waiting for her daughter this whole time? I'm glad she's happy. But does that mean we weren't needed here in the first place?"

<<That would be too short of a mission for a destiny.>>

Rimuru sighed and took a step towards the two women and showed himself, in all his full-grown size.

"Ehem. Hello Shizu-san and Mrs. Izawa."

Ah. I'm not sure that's what I was supposed to say.

Both mother and daughter looked into the voice's direction with surprise written on their faces. They both know they were dead, so how was there another person in their place? Even Shizu was confused who this person that sounded like Rimuru was.

After an awkward silence, Mrs. Izawa finally spoke. "Who are you? Why are you here? And why do you almost look like my daughter?"

Little Shizu widened her eyes as if just realizing what her mother said.

He smiled and answered, "First, I am Rimuru Tempest. Second, I have a mission to fulfill here. Third, I look like Shizu-san because of her wishes to me."

"Rimuru?!" Shizu gasped in surprise and put her attention fully the one who called themselves someone who she last saw when she was alive. Both mother and daughter stared at him for a while before Shizu shaked her head. "But I was just-"

"I came from the future."

Shizu gasped and immediately started her questions. "How are you able to do that? What happened? How are the kids? Hinata? Yuuki? Leon?"

"Fufu. Shizu-san, I wouldn't be here if I failed all of them."

Shizu's eyes watered and she smiled in relief. The kids have been saved. They are all fine...and Rimuru got to punch Leon for her. She chuckled at her own thoughts and looked back on Rimuru. "Thank you."

He smiled excitedly and crouched to her height. "Do you want to know what happened?"

Shizu nodded her head eagerly and sat beside her mother who smiled back. They both listened to Rimuru's story of what happened after she died. How he met new friends, built a country from scratch, traveled to Ingraccia, saved the kids, fought Hinata, punched Leon in the face, fought many more people, turned Yuuki to a new leaf, and many more of his great adventure.