Chapter 2: You were stalking him and he was stalking you

PROLOGUE 2: YOU WERE STALKING HIM.

The experiment worked. Granted, you had never wanted to conduct a live experiment like that in the first place. It had taken you eight whole days to get all your missing data back from your laptop; but you were nothing if not one stubborn, determined bitch. You were also not alone. College was a great place to get connections — something you had failed to learn in your last life but took advantage of in this one at least. You had died alone, afraid and full of regrets. Now you had a heartwarming family that loves you, even if you are bad sometimes.

And you had friends (or at least tried to have friends). Most of the time, you found them annoying. Look at your hacker friend — he's like a hyperactive puppy that talks almost as fast as he types. Every time you enter his messy computer lab, you keep thinking you see a dead animal that's just been skinned; only to freak out when you realize that it's his orange mop of hair. And oh look, now he's doing a yoga pose, hauling his legs up, curving his back into a perfect 'C' till his toes touched the screen of his computer and he was still typing away. By the time you finished judging him, you were too tired to think about his goggles

"Find anything for me Eddie?"

Yeah lots of things!" He said excitedly. "Your boy, Hanma is a bit of a legend! Apparently, he worked with this one Kisaki Tetta guy, really nasty dude, by the way. And they seemed to have a good relationship. He was once a former acting leader of Möbius, then Valhalla and even made it to Toman until they got kicked out. He participated in the Bloody Halloween, and—"

You let him rattle off all the fights he participated, all the bloody arcs of the resident delinquents, and who they worked for. The past you would have intimidated and even tortured Edward into giving you what you want and quickly. You wouldn't have let him ramble, fangirl, babble, stammer, stutter or breath the wrong way. But now someone like that was your friend so you just closed your eyes to block him out for a bit and let your ears do all the selective hearing for you.

You were not a stranger to the delinquent world of Tokyo. If your two lifetimes taught you anything, it is that entities grow and evolve like Pokémon. The delinquents become gangsters. The gangsters become criminals that run the underground. This city may look prosperous on the outside, but as the saying goes: "The brighter the light, the darker the shadow".

'Some things don't change, no matter the times. Or parallels,' you thought. You were brought out of your inner conversations when Eddie asked a question that brought your attention back to him.

"So, have you tried out your little experiment yet?"

"Ah— Yeh. Yesh I did," you replied, while looking to the side as if wanting to avoid the question entirely. Well, this was awkward. You were the one who was most excited to show the results of the 'experiment'.

"Oi."

You gulped at Eddie's expression but schooled your features just as quickly.

"What?" you snapped.

"Something went wrong didn't it?"

"Oh no, it worked beautifully! Exactly as how I had imagined!"

"But—"

"... I may have screamed? In public. There were lots of people. Those fuckers..."

"What did you do?!" Eddie exclaimed.

"They had it coming!" you barked back, "Those assholes decided it they were going to have an all-out brawl on my favorite spot and threw a chair at me! My brand name Italian shoes were ruined and I got pissed off, okay?! Don't get waspish with me Eddie." You crossed your arms and harrumphed quiet petulantly that Eddie had to roll his eyes. You didn't understand why you had to justify yourself in front of the twerp who was still in his very uncomfortable looking yoga pose. Couldn't you reprimand you while sitting normally? Actually, telling him to act normal was a challenge. Heck, you couldn't even fathom acting normally until you were raised by your new parents of this life.