Chapter 6: Choose how you live; it's the only great choice one has

PROLOGUE 6: THERE IS ONLY ROOM FOR ONE PERSON IN MY COLD, BLACK, POISONED HEART

You were at the supermarket when you felt a tingle down your spine. You looked behind you and gasped. Then you blinked twice and swallowed. Behind you, there was a man who resembled much of your past, but in very subtle ways. You didn't know why a gasp had escaped your lips when you saw him but there he was. He was different and yet the same sort from your previous life. He was shorter, plainer looking, had cheap blond hair dye (again!) but the blue eyes – they were unmistakable. You would recognize them anywhere. Granted now, they are kinder looking and more compassionate; they looked so much like him... the one you had loved and hated with all your being.

This fellow however, had loser vibe around him, as if it was someone that had failed at school, romance and love and became whoever he had become. He also looked too young, almost baby-faced. Was this the Universe's apology to you? Was this its way to make up for all the injustices you had suffered? The feelings of resentment that you had held onto from your past life came rushing back into your bloodstream, the veins in your hands were pulsing; you were shaking.

Immediately you pulled your hoodie over your head and took out a mirror. But your hands were trembling so much that you couldn't hold it in for long. You pretended to do a little touch up of your make-up in case you were observed, but the way your hands tremored before you felt as though you were going to suffer a seizure. You knew that you had to get out of there as soon as possible. It was not the first time you had felt something like this when you were in this version of Tokyo. You remembered feeling tingles when you had met your Russian contractor who simply went by the name 'Balalaika'; as if it was a name that you should have known.

The second time you felt this was when you saw a poster that had a picture of a bow and arrow, tinted green in color, when it in fact advertised a band. This one, you knew was something that had crossed over to this world in your current reincarnation. It was so bizarre and odd how something like a green arrow sparked some kind of memory at the recesses of your mind. You had to wonder which one was the real you. The current you that lived with a kindly single mom in one of the safest cities in the world, or the person who you were wore tight leather, had cool super powers and was a villainess.

Well, if there was a difference between you of Earth N2 and this current you in this actual universe: you were still a villainess. You had brains and the brawn; you were built this way. Nevertheless, you would not make the mistakes of falling for someone that desperately wanted to change your path and change who you were.

You remembered that you had the mirror placed in your hand. The mirror was in fact a camera. You took a few steps to the left to get a better view of the person that made you feel a certain way that you never wanted to feel again. Was this how this universe was warning you? Was he also a meta-human or a transmigrator like you? Did this universe also have time-travelers? You didn't know. For now, you just needed one good picture of that man and the person next to him.

With a singular click, you snapped a good side-profile picture of them and clicked the compact mirror closed. You were smart enough to take some items as well. You remembered that your idiot boyfriend forgot to get you the pads that you had him asked to get. No matter which universe you were in, some men never change and very few are mature enough to get sanitary napkins for their ladies without turning into a flustered mess. Perfect! In case you were being watched, you too could be seen as an innocent victim that just had a little problem to take care of and no guy will think twice about observing a girl like you shopping for Always napkins. They would quickly look away to preserve your dignity.

Your instincts were never wrong. You wouldn't put it past your own sense of logic that there were others who reincarnated, transmigrated, time-travelled or all three combined. You would dare not dismiss your own theory that this universe was created for you to live the best you could. Or perhaps, there was a universe where Hanma Shuji existed, but you did not.