『9』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝙻𝙰𝚂𝚂 𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙵

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
NINE
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
GLASS
ROOF
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

|________________________________|

[[ DIXIE. ]]

I sat in the vault with about twenty-one other hostages huddled within the spacious glittering floor

I sat in the vault with about twenty-one other hostages huddled within the spacious glittering floor. My eyes travelled to the metallic cupboards each with its own silver lever. A tiresome girl with a bleached buzzcut around my age sat at the other corner of the vault, her intense gaze trained on me as I held the stare upon her. Not so much with a fire of tension, but with a curiosity for why she had been looking at me again. This had been the third time I had caught her gaze, finding myself wondering why.

"You're the girl that these sickos actually get along with, aren't you?" She finally spoke up, her voice echoing the walls of the vault.

"Acquainted. And they aren't, trust me. They only want one thing and it's the cash, and from there, who knows." I hadn't trusted the words that left my own mouth.

"And what did the innocent life of that man have to do with it? He wanted to call for help, our so called last chance of getting out here as we know it." She scoffed, running a hand over her clean cut.

"A breach. It was a breach to the plan, they'd be discovered from audio feedback." I muttered, my eyes softening.

"They did warn us," she nodded once. "Be careful, whatever your name is. I'm not sure if you even realized it, but you're right in the middle of it; dead center at that. You're not one of those thieves, and you're not quite the average hostage staying here either."

Her words stuck atmospherically, and hit me instantaneously. I was lucky to still be alive, after everything. After that unalloyed moment in time I chose to flee instead of hold myself down, I could've ended up dead at that second; yet I didn't.

I just didn't.

"What's your name?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows slightly.

"It's Clem—"

Allured back into reality, my thoughts came to a halt when the vault door had made a lurching noise that panged the entire room, as it slowly swung open.

"Hey, um Dixie. You're kinda needed. Well, seeked. Harry's got an entire date thing? Planned out. I mean I don't know if you'd call it a date, call it what you must, but yeah he's totally shooting his shot. Not like that, ya know, but ya know." Max had rambled, chuckling to himself as Vera had peered from behind him, setting her hands on his shoulders.

"Whatever! You're coming with me, Dix. Yes, and everyone should know, quite a number of hostages were set free this evening. Patience is all we ask for, and we'll all land effortlessly." Vera pulled a small smile as she rose her voice to all the hostages within the room.