𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
PROLOGUE
*:・゚*:・゚

|_____________________________|

[[ DIXIE. ]]

[[ THE DAY THE HEIST BEGAN. ]]

"Put your hands in the fucking air!" A young sounding man with a British accent and a low raspy voice hollered, echoing the tall bank's structure only climbing eight stories high, and a mystery of them below.

My heart sank to the floor, staring at the accountants sat behind the glass window who looked at something behind me with utter fear.

When I had noticed the civilians surrounding me dropping to the ground simultaneously in shock at the sound of gunshots piercing the air above, my first instinct was to look for an exit, my eyes darting around the room vigorously. My heart had imploded vastly at the adrenaline rushing through my beating veins, a lump growing in my throat.

Come on Dixie, think. I subconsciously tried to get my feet back down onto the ground, flustered at the fact there had been about five of these psychos with loaded rifles and shotguns most of them in black garmented masks with holes poked through merely for the sake of eye contact.

I watched the scene in a gutted daze across from me, where a mother and her young child hugged onto each other for dear life, crying in fear. This had been just the thing to stir up fear amongst the group of hostages.

With a national bank this big, there had to be over a hundred people here right now. It's crazy to think only two of these floors held people though. The rest had been the vaults, and beyond. There was no telling what these masked robbers would find, and how lucky they would be if they were to get away with it.

All I could think about was getting away before I would be spotted. I thought about my ex-boyfriend Kyle, images of us reeling through my mind. I was supposed to get on a train tonight and see him next morning, but it doesn't look like that's happening in the near future if I don't find a fucking way out.

Where the hell do I go from here? Or is this where it ends? A fucking bank robbery?

My eyes then landed on an exit door at the corner of the enormous room, and before I could make a concise decision, I chose flight over fight.