『21』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝚄𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙵𝙻𝚈 𝙴𝙵𝙵𝙴𝙲𝚃

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
TWENTY
ONE
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
BUTTERFLY
EFFECT
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

|___________________________|

[[ HARRY. ]]

The fifth day had made its approach before any of us could grasp the truth that time was going by far quicker than we had intended it to. The team was crumbling, dwindling and dividing within the fourty eight hours we had stayed in that bank, for unexplainable reasons. I had been found at the biggest defeat, realizing that a piece of this puzzle wasn't going to be so easy to find. I had grown cold, colder than ever, that Carmen nor Ace could stand to see me this way. They still pushed through though, making sure the transport of the money to the basement floor was quick and efficient. As for Max, the past fourty eight hours had been telling Vera everything, from comforting her, to telling her how much he had always found this love for her that he could never really explain because of everything that had been happening with this robbery. Though she couldn't respond through that mic, he had told me there had been a point in time Vera had to walk out because she had been in tears. Because of that, he had broke into frustrated tears as well, wishing she'd be here sooner than later. It was today when Ace and Carmen had gotten through at least three vaults, blood, sweat, and tears, for this. It made me question why I had suddenly went into idleness, but this heist was everything I had hoped for, that that itself had caused a tunnel visioned storm that didn't come to a halt. It resided with everyone somehow, some had just kept the emotions in better. The fact that I had a place in my heart for every single person on this team, couldn't amount to how much I had felt like the culprit of colossal damage.

I had sworn that every piece had been figured out, that the fifth floor couldn't have been the only thing to prey on my spirits, it was the fact that Dixie was slowly sinking too. The fact that it had been something that had me spiralling, gave her every reason to step back from everyone in distraught, in distress for me. She sat nights through in that elevator, watching the numbers change from the highest to the lowest floor, then right back, and when I had tried to talk her out of it, when I tried to take her hand and pull her away from it, she tugged it right back, shaking her head vigorously, in tears that yelled into a million deep trenches. She told me she was going to figure this out for me, that it was the only way through, that this entire heist had been where my heart went into since the emptied drain of when I had been an assassin that worked for the enemy in present day. This was my redemption, truth be told. To be able to take what was mine, for the heart the enemy ripped out of me. But seeing everyone crumble underneath such pressure made me wish the end had been nearer, that we had the fifth floor secured.

The win had been the vaults on the lobby floor, but the fact we were all so certain of the fifth floor's gold, the fact we had hoped for it, was what had us in disarrayed shambles. Though I reoccurred to a time I told Dixie that knowing me came with the cost of pressure, I just didn't know how, but it had been reflecting like glistening shards that crackled and shattered. And the fact that my redemption meant seeing the girl I fell in love with in this mess with me, knowing she hadn't expected it at all before all of this, had the ground beneath me crumbling to rubble within a wistful oblivion.

"Harry." Carmen rasped from behind me, sounding incredulously tiresome as I turned around, staring at her with an emptied gaze.

"What?" I snapped, quite cruelly that I had felt myself silence, taken aback at how my voice sounded.

She had walked up to me, lips trembling, as I looked down at her dirtied, slightly bruised arms shaky as she had placed her hands on my shoulders, her eyes begging for help. "I know how bad that was. To have nearly a year of certainty go down the drain, but listen we're all dealing with that differently right now. Despite what place we're in with this plan right now, we have to execute. And having you stand here idle isn't going to do us that justice. We're fucking tired, Harry. And we're running low on water, the least you could fucking do is grab a jack hammer and help us cave our way through on the basement floor."