『12』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙴𝙻𝙾𝙳𝚁𝙰𝙼𝙰

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
TWELVE
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
MELODRAMA
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

|__________________________________|

[[ MAX. ]]

[[ 91 DAYS BEFORE THE HEIST ]]

"Alright now. Four shots of whiskey deep here, what could have been so important we had to meet at Max's?" Vera had pushed the door open. Her fur coat reeked of cigarettes and liquor. She pushed her sunglasses up, as she nodded silently at everyone who lounged in the room with us.

We sat in the kitchen, beer bottles scattering the domino patterned table we circled at.

"Harry and I have been conversing for quite some time now, and we came to the conclusion that when we do go through with this heist, we're going to need something to remember, something that we can look back at once we've basked in the glory of it all." I explained. "There's a reason we ended up here, for all of us. Isn't there?"

Our gaze all fell on Harry at that moment. Ace playfully wagged his index fingers towards his direction as we all fell into intoxicated fits of laughter. Harry jokingly face-palmed quite cynically.

"There's gotta be something else that brought us all together besides being underneath my influence. Now I need you all to think hard, and find it from the heart. This time capsule is to be buried until the succession of this robbery, and trust no one else besides the cam-corder recording is to know our words." Harry said, while Ace fell into a thoughtful silence.

"Fine." Carmen broke the silence in reluctance with crossed arms over her chest.

"I'll give it a go." Ace nodded once, sighing.

We all gazed at Vera who leaned on the yellow door frame of the kitchen as she shrugged her shoulders. "Well I suppose I'll give it a go too. For good luck, ya know? Surely we'll all need it."

I had downed the rest of my beer, placing the empty bottle onto the table. "I'm surely not a fan of the sulkiness, so I suppose I'll get it off my chest first then."

"The cam-corder awaits." Harry smiled genuinely, motioning me to the guest room down the hallway.

"Make it count, mate. These words will be remnants of us taken along the journey." Ace patted me on the shoulder.

I nodded slowly, as I gazed at everyone in the room before I got up from my seat. I had bummed a cigarette and a lighter from my pocket. I then brought the flame to my cigarette, about to head down the hallway before I heard Vera gush behind me.

"Oh, hand it over, would you?" She exhaled, dropping her shoulders in a silly mannerism after holding them up for a while. Her heels clicked against the tile floor, heading over to an empty seat.

I tossed it over to her casually, everyone in this room completely aware of Vera's urge to play with flames. Surprisingly, the girl hadn't burned herself once, not a single time.

"Have fun, Maxweeell." Vera sing-songed, repetitively igniting the lighter as she hovered her fingers over the flame.

"Will do." I chuckled, walking into the guest room where I sat on the leather couch by the wall.

For some time as I puffed on the cigarette in thought, I finally gained the willpower to press the record button. When the cam-corder had lit red in the corner, I took that as my cue to say every single thing I had thought of until this point here.