Jase Gets Crushed (Part 1)

It was a typical day at the New York City Public Library, people were either checking out books or staying behind to study. Jase, one of the 3 members of the infamous Purple Dragons, was scurrying around to look for a new book about drone-building and hacking. After a few minutes of searching, he finally found the guidebook he needed: "The Geek's Guide to Building Super Awesome Drones!".

Once he grabbed the book, Jase scurried to the front to check as quickly and quietly as possible. He was almost to the librarians' counter when he knocked into someone, dropping their books in the process. He rubbed his head in pain from the impact.

"Oww...hey, watch it-" He stopped once he saw who he bumped into. It was Amy Smith, the toughest girl in school. His eyes widen at the sight of her and his face turned red.

"Ugh, what do you want, Jase?" The brunette asks, rolling her eyes. Jase didn't answer, he was too awestruck to even blink. Amy just gives him a blank look while picking up her books and leave. As she walks away, her long, curly ponytail swung side-to-side with each step she takes.

Jase immediately snaps out of it once she's out of sight. He sighs and picks up his book so he can check it out and go back to meet with Kendra and Jeremy before they start calling him. As he walks outside the library, his thoughts went straight to Amy but he hits himself on the forehead with his palm.

"C'mon, get your head together! She'll never notice you in that way!" He scolds himself. Jase knew that Amy Smith is way out of his league, but that won't stop him. Because deep down...

He's had a secret crush on her for as long as he could remember; who wouldn't? She's strong-willed, confidant, and very independent...if not also intimidating. Not to mention her silky brown hair with those cool blonde highlights that bounces whenever she walks; those big emerald-green eyes that are shadowed by long, thick eyelashes and sparkle when they lit up; and those glossy pink lips that shine in the sunlight.

There's just only a couple of problems...

The first one is that Amy is still ticked off at him and his teammates for stealing her bike along with Othello Von Ryan, aka Bootyyyshaker9000, aka Donnie's tech that day. The second and BIGGEST of the two was that Jeremy also has a crush her!

Once he found out about this, Jase made a small vow that he wouldn't tell anyone, not even Kendra and Jeremy, about his secret love for Amy. But he knew that he can't keep that up forever.

He stopped his thoughts when he finally reached the Purple Dragons' lair. He hurried inside to the main room, only to find his teammate and step-sister already waiting inside.

"Where were you?" Kendra asks, crossing her arms. "It shouldn't took you that long to check out a book!"

"S-Sorry, I bumped into a certain robot girl on the way," Jase answered. A lot of people called Amy, "Robot Girl", because she uses a literal robot to go to school while she attends to her own business.

"Her again? Is it me or is she becoming just as much of a pain as Von Ryan lately?" Kendra groans at the mention of Amy. Ever since they stole her bike, she's been looking for new ways to make it won't happen for a second time.

"Not to me. That meant we get to see her more outside of school," Jeremy admitted, slightly blushing as he looks away with a small smile.

"Ugh, let's just get back to work, already!" Their leader shouts in frustration as she stomps towards her desk. Jase has a slightly concerned look on his face as he adjusts his glasses. Kendra was already annoyed with Jeremy's affections; half of him is a little scared of how she'll react once she finds out that her own step-brother was in love with Amy too.

As they start typing on their laptops, Jase couldn't help but think about the beautiful Amy Smith and how he'll win her heart someday.

*Amy belongs to @Angelxoxo8, whose stories are mostly active on FanFiction.net. This fic was inspired by a question I had asked her a couple of months ago, asking why did she pick Jeremy out of him and Jase to have a crush on Amy. She responded with Jase may also like Amy secretly, deep down. So I decided to write this one-shot about it. Although, it may take a little longer than expected, so I decided to break it into parts. Until part 2!*